Finally Selling A Couple Of Lenses

kja

I have a few bits that I just don't use anymore and am finally getting around to selling some - check out my special thread here.

And coz I couldn't post in the Photos section and neglect to add a photo, here's my friendly lizard ... he likes to hang out by my car door and scare the crap out of me when I try to leave the house.

MAR10_197.jpg

MAR10_194.jpg

Edited by kja

JS - I've used both of them as my bestie has the OS version. It's way heavier and bigger - also more expensive! I've never found that OS was an issue on this lens. The HSM of the newer lens is a nice thing, for sure. But if I were looking now, I'd save the money, buy the older, non-frills version and put the extra cash towards a specialty lens :dancingelephant:

JS - I don't know if you've seen any of my posts about my hands, but I have terrible problems with them sometimes. It's one reason why I actually thought my lens held up extremely well - it's so much lighter 405g vs 610g. It might not seem a lot but I certainly could feel it! And because it was significantly lighter, it didn't put any strain on my hands simply holding it and I didn't find the need for OS. If you want, we could work a return policy for you if you buy it and find that it is a problem because of your hands.

al - here you go:

I have two lenses for sale at the moment:

Sigma 18-200 3.5-6.3 DC - this is the NON OS version. It is much lighter and smaller than the newer OS version (but of course you don't get the OS). This is a fabulous & versatile all rounder for focal length and it never missed focus for me. I'd never sell something that I wouldn't use myself so know that it's working flawlessly, producing sharp, clear images. It comes with the original hood, both caps and Sigma's black protective storage box. SOLD Post.

Canon 28-135 3.5-5.6 IS USM - Here's the blurb:

The Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens is a compact and lightweight standard zoom lens that offers superior optical performance, plus a built-in Image Stabilizer. The IS system reduces the possibility of blurred photographs caused by camera shake, which allows for handheld photography in comparatively dim light without a flash or tripod. At the wideangle end of the zoom range, the equivalent shutter speed gain is approximately 1.5 stops while at the telephoto end, it is approximately 2 stops.

In addition, the lens has a USM drive mechanism for faster and quieter AF operation, and the pulse control diaphragm (EMD) ensures precise aperture control.

• The IS system is composed of a pair of gyro sensors to detect vertical and horizontal motion and a microprocessor that compensates for it by shifting special lens elements in parallel with the perceived movement.

• The internal focusing mechanism allows the front of the lens to remain stationary and to easily accommodate specialty filters, such as polarizing filters.

Again, works flawlessly and I'm very impressed with the images this lens produces. Comes with both caps and a Canon EW-78B II hood. Asking $360 shipped Express Post.

Reason for selling: neither of these two lenses sees any use. The 18-200 had slightly more use but I'll bet I've shot fewer than 500 frames with it. The 28-135 hasn't been on my cameras at all in ages and probably has fewer than 250 frames shot on it. I just don't use these anymore and they need to go to a loving home!

I don't have any photos with either of these on my current hard drive, but if you're wanting some I could probably take a few.

you can PM me here or better yet email me as sometimes I don't get in here to check -> [email protected]

Happy to answer any questions you have! Also happy to entertain offers :rofl:

Edited by kja

will have th think about this one Sigma 18-200 3.5-6.3 DC I have been trying to work out something versatile that I could take skiing. size is a huge factor for me, because if we are treking then the less I have to carry on my back the better ;p

Will hopefully be able to get back to you after work and a money discussion with OH ;p

Sounds good :rofl: These guys are just hanging out keeping my other lenses company so I'd love to see them go to a home where they'd get the use they deserve!

A couple people have wondered about the 28-135...here are a couple quickies I did this morning. I have to say, this lens is still fun :laugh:

All details are on the photos (all three at 135mm focal length). All hand held, ambient light, no cropping, resized in Lightroom, text added in photoshop & save for web...

28135_100.jpg

28135_102.jpg

28135_101.jpg

Edited by kja

18-200 is SOLD :)

I'm surprised it went first, but they're both awesome lenses.

Thanks to all who expressed interest ... now, who's for the Canon?!

I think you might need to bring the price down a fair bit as a friend bought one new last week for under $400 from DWI

eta - assume it's the same one!

Edited by anniek

Wow, you're right - I totally apologise guys, I had bad info and the wrong price on the Canon. New price is updated. Note that it does come with the genuine canon hood and I'll express post it out!

Edited by kja

And with that, if anyone is even considering this lens, please PM me here with an offer.

After deciding to sell it, I simply want it out of the office. I don't want to put it back in its storage compartment. Poor thing is so lonely and dejected since it doesn't get used.

If you have a number in mind, just let me know - you're likely to get a great lens at an excellent price!