Tear Stains

give her a little bit of tomato paste NOT TOMATO SAUCE, paste, on a daily basis, rather than going out and spending a fortune on products that may or may not work. It cute out the acidity in the tears/saliva so it wont leave that browny resdue. I tell this to any of my grooming clients who want to know how to get rid of it, and all of them have had huge success! :laugh:

She should just lick it straight off your finger :cheer: or you can just add it to her food. you dont need much, about 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon. Make sure you do it daily though, or it wont work as well and will take longer. Even doing it daily it does take a couple of weeks to a month to work.

good luck :laugh:

Do you think that would work for my boy who ends up with Brown areas where he rests his head ie. when he curld up his head rests on his legs and gis legs get stained.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give her a little bit of tomato paste NOT TOMATO SAUCE, paste, on a daily basis, rather than going out and spending a fortune on products that may or may not work. It cute out the acidity in the tears/saliva so it wont leave that browny resdue. I tell this to any of my grooming clients who want to know how to get rid of it, and all of them have had huge success! :)

She should just lick it straight off your finger :D or you can just add it to her food. you dont need much, about 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon. Make sure you do it daily though, or it wont work as well and will take longer. Even doing it daily it does take a couple of weeks to a month to work.

good luck ;)

Do you think that would work for my boy who ends up with Brown areas where he rests his head ie. when he curld up his head rests on his legs and gis legs get stained.

are you going to give it a try?

A number of kibbles have beet juice in them and this contributes to the tear staining, so watch out for it if you feed kibble. Also Apple Cider Vinagar added to the dogs water helps too. My Papilloin boy use to get bad tear staining but a raw diet and ACV and he has lovely clear eyes, not bad for an almost 14 year old.

give her a little bit of tomato paste NOT TOMATO SAUCE, paste, on a daily basis, rather than going out and spending a fortune on products that may or may not work. It cute out the acidity in the tears/saliva so it wont leave that browny resdue. I tell this to any of my grooming clients who want to know how to get rid of it, and all of them have had huge success! :provoke:

She should just lick it straight off your finger :) or you can just add it to her food. you dont need much, about 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon. Make sure you do it daily though, or it wont work as well and will take longer. Even doing it daily it does take a couple of weeks to a month to work.

good luck ;)

I'd try the contact lens solution on his legs.

give her a little bit of tomato paste NOT TOMATO SAUCE, paste, on a daily basis, rather than going out and spending a fortune on products that may or may not work. It cute out the acidity in the tears/saliva so it wont leave that browny resdue. I tell this to any of my grooming clients who want to know how to get rid of it, and all of them have had huge success! :eek:

She should just lick it straight off your finger :cool: or you can just add it to her food. you dont need much, about 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon. Make sure you do it daily though, or it wont work as well and will take longer. Even doing it daily it does take a couple of weeks to a month to work.

good luck :laugh:

are you going to give it a try?

Maybe, knowing my luck he'll be allergic to it like everything else in the world he's allergic too LOL

A number of kibbles have beet juice in them and this contributes to the tear staining, so watch out for it if you feed kibble. Also Apple Cider Vinagar added to the dogs water helps too. My Papilloin boy use to get bad tear staining but a raw diet and ACV and he has lovely clear eyes, not bad for an almost 14 year old.

My dog is on Raw and Has Apple Cider Vinegar and we still get coat staining.