Petsafe Dog Run

kelpiekaye

Hi all! I am thinking of buying a Petsafe dog run $379, off www.dogmaster. Has anyone got one and are they any good??? Are there any other suggestions for dog runs? Thanks in advance. Kaye

Hi - I have two of these and had them for two years and they aren't too bad. What i would recommend with them is that you have two people at least to assemble them as the chain wire can be a bit tricky when you're by yourself. Also the wire ties they supply to attach the chain wire were pretty flimsy and I went and got a roll of fencing wire instead.

To be perfectly honest the only advantage of these is that they are somewhat portable and you can move them however, please make sure they aren't sitting directly on the ground all the time (I set mine up on pavers) as rust can be a problem. You can set up a similar type of run for your dog if you get some second-hand weldmesh fence panels, an old gate, star pickets and some wire which you can use to rig up a pretty secure run.

Also, if you know a good fencer, I'd also talk to them about options - they may have some odds and ends from previous jobs they could use to set up a run for you.

Good luck :laugh:

NFS runs are very good. They take 10 mins to set up and are very strong.

Do you have a link for their website Indiegirl?

I found a link in an old thread about dog runs but it takes me to a webhosting site. There seems to be a bit of a shortage of companies I can find up here in Qld and I'm looking at run options for 4 dogs at the moment.

NFS runs are very good. They take 10 mins to set up and are very strong.

Do you have a link for their website Indiegirl?

I found a link in an old thread about dog runs but it takes me to a webhosting site. There seems to be a bit of a shortage of companies I can find up here in Qld and I'm looking at run options for 4 dogs at the moment.

I'd be interested in their website too Indiegirl.

Thanks for your info conztruct. I will keep it in mind. :shrug:

Has anyone ever made there own dog run?

Yes - I think I want to buy next time - much easier......the runs I made worked out well but probably not that much cheaper than the ones you can buy. Also, anyone who is thinking of using koppers logs as part of their DIY runs, they split really badly when you try to screw weldmesh panels onto them.....LOL.

I'd have to say i'm not against building your own because you can really get what you want but if I do next time, I think I'm definately at least going to buy the panels with the gates already in them......

Worked a treat - thanks very much :thumbsup:

The materials are the same as Col Western sheds, but without the kennels on the end, remembering those kennels would get hot in the summer. NFS are cheaper and they also sell the 1 door panels which are not mentioned on his site. It is buy your own bolts from bunnings 8mm ones. The guy was very helpful on the phone to me. Photo's are not on his site as some other companies keep copying his designs.

http://www.colwesternsheds.com.au/files/co...eds_dogpens.pdf

Im pretty sure I have a pic of mine on my photo bucket.. which i cant access from work. Will post pics after i get home

ETA THe guy is super helpful. He had it shipped out to me at Broken Hill for about $200. I think the run is 2.4m x 3m, and its 1.8m tall. At the moment its pulled apart and leaning agsisnt the fence though LOL. I had a handyman screw a tin roof to the top of it and I had the whole thing under a shadesail. Perfect for a bitch in season as its on concrete. Would also be good for a litter of pups once they are old enough to be outside during the day.

Best thing about NFS runs is that you can buy a dividing pnael and hey presto have 2 runs, and I can add on more runs very easily as the new panels will jsut bolt to the old ones. Although mine isnt being used at the moment I will enver part with it as its sjut so easy to put together and so handy.

Edited by indigirl

indigirl - how much did the run cost you?

I dont remember, but the prices for each panel are on the NFS website. I love it as its strong enough for the biggest dogs, all welded galvanised steel. I looked at tons of runs (online) before settling on an NFS one.