Internatioanl Travelling With Dogs

khakilulu

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are going to move to China later this year, we have 2 dogs living with us and leaving them in AU is the last thing in our mind.

I know that there are animal shipping companies which are able to organise the whole trasportation process, I'm wondering if any of the DOLers have some good recommendations.

Many thanks in advance

If the move is permanent take the dogs because getting them into China is fairly simple. If you change your mind and decide to return to Aust, bringing them back is a lot more complicated and expensive. If the move is temporary I wouldn't think long and hard about taking them.

Also make sure you can have the size dogs you own in the area you are moving to. Some areas of china have laws restricting the size and number of dogs allowed.

There are a few:

Coates Animal Transport

Animal Travel

Jet Pets

Dogtainers

I'm in the process of sending a puppy to Japan and I am going with Mel from Dogtainers ACT for that. She has been simply awesome.

I will more than likely be sending an adult to the USA later in the year and I have a funny feeling Mel will get that job too.

:confused:

China are strict on pet importation. It is 1 pet per person and you must travel on the same plane as your pet.

For dogs you must take them to an AQIS accredited vet for a general health inspection within 24 hours of departure.

The dogs will also require a C3 and rabies vaccination at least 14 days before departure (and not more than a year prior).

I recommend you use a pet transport company as it can save a lot of headaches (mostly mine!!) and they arrange everything for you. If not you will have to arrange all flights etc yourself and lodge a Notice of Intention to Export at least 2 weeks prior. You will also have to arrange to pick the paperwork up from AQIS.