Million Paws Walk

tlc

Just reading this thread is something of a shock, we are all supposed to love animals on this forum. Sure we have preferences many here actually most have own pure bred dogs. Many here also have or have had a X breed be it a dog a cat a horse or even a guinea pig.

Animals don't ask to be born, they just are. Many are born from the greed of humans

I often dont agree with what the RSPCA does, I do not always agree with their methods or policies. However their isn't an abundance of animal protection or rescue organisations, such as they are warts and all, they do each year save the lives of many animals, not all I know it s not a perfect world BUT they do rescue and they do save.

The funny thing is RSPCA officers never ask the dog or cat for his crudentials and pedigree before they rescue it. If it s in dire need, the chances are they will help in some way.

Therefore I can NOT see the relevance of the breed of dogs at an RSPCA fund raiser. It is n't a dog show!!!! It s a charity event.

I agree. Breed or cross breed has no relevance. I prefer pure dogs but I personally dont go because I dont support the Rspca not because of what sorts of dogs go to these things.

Thanks for the Pics TLC (well most of them :mad:mad )

Had a great time at the walk thanks TLC for telling me about it (Yes I must live in a cave to not know it was on lol)

I have to say I was amazed at the amount of PBs there and as I am still trying to decide on my next breed was good to have a look around and see a few different breeds up close and personal.

Mind you I have to say I found it a bit funny when the RSPCA man thought that out Ridgeback boy (Boof)was a Great Dane :eek::(:):mad

And I think I am in love with the Bernese mountain dogs and they are pretty high up on my list now :(:laugh::laugh:

A friend of mine was there with her pup that she had rehomed from the RSPCA and she said it was funny that as when she went to register they remembered her dog (cocker spanial) so that was a bit special that they remembered her dog from several months before

We had a few people come up and ask us what breed Boof was and asked all about the breed and temperaments so I see that as a good thing in promoting our particular breed (that is NOT very common down here)

Weather was fantastic and Sniffy had a ball and I think he has already booked it in next years calendar.

Cheers Janet

Bruno is an English Mastiff, he is 18 months old. He belongs to DOLer Tim & Tanya, he is a lovely boy a real gentle giant!

Thanks tlc, I thought he was young, all legs he is. :laugh: He's gorgeous.

Just reading this thread is something of a shock, we are all supposed to love animals on this forum. Sure we have preferences many here actually most have own pure bred dogs. Many here also have or have had a X breed be it a dog a cat a horse or even a guinea pig.

Animals don't ask to be born, they just are. Many are born from the greed of humans

I hope you are not having a go at me. If you read my post I said "not-that-its-a-bad-thing". :laugh:

Bruno is an English Mastiff, he is 18 months old. He belongs to DOLer Tim & Tanya, he is a lovely boy a real gentle giant!

Thanks tlc, I thought he was young, all legs he is. ;) He's gorgeous.

I hope you are not having a go at me. If you read my post I said "not-that-its-a-bad-thing". ;)

Nope not at you Rocco, I think most people on this forum are not THAT petty, sadly some still are. :rofl: besides your dog is much too big for me to have a go at you, mine are tiny LOL :laugh::laugh:

Edited by quoll

Nope not at you Rocco, I think most people on this forum are not THAT petty, sadly some still are. :rofl: besides your dog is much too big for me to have a go at you, mine are tiny LOL :laugh::laugh:

Lucky or I would of sent Ralph in. ;)

Guest Pandii

Seems some of us are not allowed to have an opinion, I didnt stay at the walk because I didnt like the mutts and yappy fluffy things, my choice my opinion if you dont like my opinions I dont care :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I did the walk in Adelaide and it was packed, we took our boy Bodhi who is Bruno's litter brother and our Mastiff girl Mali who is 15 months and my Xbred Malamute girl who is 6. They all behaved beautifully cept when Bodhi cocked his leg on a little Cairn Terrier, but his owner had him on a retractable lead about 6 metres away so her fault for not watching him. My lot behaved really well once they got over their general excitement at all those doggy behinds to sniff. My mastiffs, big sooks that they were were quite happy to be the centre of some attention from passer bys with all the normal questions and comments.

This is our gang down at the walk

P1090151.jpg

And Bodhi at 20 months

P1090109.jpg

My girl Mali 15 months

P1080605.jpg

My Xbred Malamute girl at home with my youngest daughter

P1080730.jpg

It was a great day, can't wait till next year - heaps of dogs lots of lil ones, but it was Adelaide so city folkdon't often have the room for a big dog. Did see some beautiful Danes, and an Old English Sheep dog and maybe some Bull Mastiffs, was really hoping for a Newf for my fluffy dog fix but didn't see any - maybe next year :(

Wow you have a great looking family, doggies and humans. :( Do Bruno and Bodhi have both the same parent? Or are they half brothers, they are such different colors!! Looks like you all had a great day!!