Puppy Buyers

Bisart Dobes

There are so many whinging stories about puppy buyers and breeders lately that I wanted to share our great story and would love to hear of others who have had a great experience with puppy buyers as well. We are all in need of the joy this brings with recent events.

I just wanted to share our journey so far with some of the families waiting for a puppy from us, as they are simply some of the best people I have met in this wonderful journey of being a breeder. I have just got off the phone with one family and have just finished a lengthy email answering questions to another and they have me beaming with their enthusiasm and readiness, so I wanted to share.

Our puppies aren't born yet, are confirmed but still we have several weeks to go.

These families have pretty much everything ready. Toys, bowls, leads & collars (in different sizes even :p), bedding, crates, puppy pens, food, supplements, time off work - we simply couldn't ask for more.

They love our dogs and have such a great raport with all of them that we know these puppies are going into the best of homes. They are already moving into the friend catagory and this I love, as it means that we get to maintain that friendship over the years, get to have constant contact with them and our puppy over its life, get to be truely available for them when they need it and it is this that makes breeding such a valuable and meaningful experience.

I am so proud to have these people wanting one of our puppies (and I don't mean that in a condasending way - just cannot think of a better word atm) - they have questions nearly every few days and have gone away and done exactly what we suggest they do, they are so organised and so excited for their new puppy that - well, its just great ;).

It makes me think that I have finally got my 'puppy people process' on the right track as well. They are all coming to the puppy classes we run for our puppy people from 8 to 16 wks as well which makes their baby puppy journey so much smoother - so again yet another thing to be excited about.

Now, I can't wait until the puppies are here and we can begin this wonderful journey with the pups.

All of our adult dogs are very excited - they know its getting close and the whole house has 'that' edge to it, they are all excited to greet 'mum' and well you all know what a total joy this time is and having these people come into our lives has just made it all the more so.

:laugh:

People like this make all our efforts worthwhile. Its the best when people who have your dogs keep in contact or visit.

Some may just send an email at xmas but it is so appreciated to know that our pups have a good home.

Loved the video that one owner put on facebook of one of mine swimming. :laugh:

Sometimes in the somewhat daunting process of finding homes we do forget the many wonderful people who are out there.

All our babies went to great homes and to great families,

all who were caring and everyone in the family got involved, I have had feedback already on the pups journey to their new homes and how well they have fitted in,

it so nice to get feedback and photos and know that our babies are so loved ! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
There are so many whinging stories about puppy buyers and breeders lately that I wanted to share our great story and would love to hear of others who have had a great experience with puppy buyers as well. We are all in need of the joy this brings with recent events.

I just wanted to share our journey so far with some of the families waiting for a puppy from us, as they are simply some of the best people I have met in this wonderful journey of being a breeder. I have just got off the phone with one family and have just finished a lengthy email answering questions to another and they have me beaming with their enthusiasm and readiness, so I wanted to share.

Our puppies aren't born yet, are confirmed but still we have several weeks to go.

These families have pretty much everything ready. Toys, bowls, leads & collars (in different sizes even :banghead:), bedding, crates, puppy pens, food, supplements, time off work - we simply couldn't ask for more.

They love our dogs and have such a great raport with all of them that we know these puppies are going into the best of homes. They are already moving into the friend catagory and this I love, as it means that we get to maintain that friendship over the years, get to have constant contact with them and our puppy over its life, get to be truely available for them when they need it and it is this that makes breeding such a valuable and meaningful experience.

I am so proud to have these people wanting one of our puppies (and I don't mean that in a condasending way - just cannot think of a better word atm) - they have questions nearly every few days and have gone away and done exactly what we suggest they do, they are so organised and so excited for their new puppy that - well, its just great :rolleyes:.

It makes me think that I have finally got my 'puppy people process' on the right track as well. They are all coming to the puppy classes we run for our puppy people from 8 to 16 wks as well which makes their baby puppy journey so much smoother - so again yet another thing to be excited about.

Now, I can't wait until the puppies are here and we can begin this wonderful journey with the pups.

All of our adult dogs are very excited - they know its getting close and the whole house has 'that' edge to it, they are all excited to greet 'mum' and well you all know what a total joy this time is and having these people come into our lives has just made it all the more so.

:thumbsup:

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more :confused:

Whenever one deals with the public, you get the bad with the good, but it's usually the good that makes the biggest impression and makes one realise that doing what you're doing is really worthwhile.

We also have 'families in waiting' and it is those families that make the process so exciting and happy. Questions are rife, photos of 'layettes' often arrive or even the family members bringing their goodies when they visit to have their choices 'approved'. Honestly, there are times when we firmly believe our babies are the most spoilt babies in the world. Puppy collection day is also rife with mixed feelings, but the excitement of the families collecting their new little charges far outweighs the 'empty nest' sydrome that follows. Once the flight puppies have reached their destination safely and we know all babies are tucked up in their new fleecy blankies and being kizzed and cuddled constantly, we then relax - well, for a few days - before following through in a few days time.

We encourage and receive many regular updates (including photos) from our families and have made many close friends over the years. It can certainly be a wonderful world.

We have also found that requiring a pretty thorough questionnaire to be completed as the first step of getting to know inquirers about adopting a puppy, has filtered out a lot of the rifff raff and we're generally left with a core of genuine families to carry on with.