Order Of Group Judging

Sway is driving so she's making me start this thread.

We want to know why show secretaries 95% of the time put group 7 last on when multiple groups are being judged by the same judge.

I have group 1 dogs and we are almost always on first. Every once in a while I wouldn't mind being on second or third.

This weekend group 1 is on after group 4 each day and group 7 is third on all three. Why can't 7 be on earlier on one of the days. They follow group 3 and 2 the second day and 4 and 1 the first. Group 3 is first both days why couldn't they be reversed the second day?

I'm not sure - in my area, Non-Sporting is generally one of the smallest groups number-wise so perhaps they put them last (if multi groups are being judged by the same judge) so they can get the bigger groups completed first?

One guess is as good as another :welcome:

Most of the away weekends we do though I've noticed that the club rotates the order for a say, a 3 day show which I think is fair.

It is nice to mix it up, but I must say I am a fan of group 6 being second group on, especially as I have fluffy's :) more time getting them prepared and less waiting at the end

Sway is driving so she's making me start this thread.

We want to know why show secretaries 95% of the time put group 7 last on when multiple groups are being judged by the same judge.

I have group 1 dogs and we are almost always on first. Every once in a while I wouldn't mind being on second or third.

This weekend group 1 is on after group 4 each day and group 7 is third on all three. Why can't 7 be on earlier on one of the days. They follow group 3 and 2 the second day and 4 and 1 the first. Group 3 is first both days why couldn't they be reversed the second day?

I agree!!! I have group 1 & group 7 dogs. Have to be there early for the Toys and hang around all day for the Schipperkes which is rather annoying as it takes me a lot longer to get the Havanese ready for the ring than it does to prepare the Schipperkes. It can make for a very long day...

Edited by Havasneeze

Guest CaptainCourageous

It's a great question, one we've contemplated over the years.

My opinion is that the rotation has existed in Victoria.

However, in NSW there is a tendency to operate in numerical order of group.

We also have Schipperkes, so it's fourth-last breed of the last group on. We like to arrive before the start of the show, and have gone to NSW shows lots in the past.

One year we went to Jerilderie and found the order of group judging advertised in the VCA gazette was wrong. The correct one was in the NSW gazette. A warning for all travellers - only believe the schedule in the host state's gazette.

CC

As secretary of our club I tried to alter the order of judging as much as I could over the two day shows. Plus I tried to look at what groups went where at the previous show in our area. But that's really hard sometimes when you are doing your draft schedule for DogsNSW

I have a group 1 dog and we are nearly always on first.

So if you win something in group then you have to sit around for hours waiting for show specials.

Not fun when you have a young pup who is absolutely buggered by the end of the day.

Would be nice if it could be rotated a bit more so other groups have the "privileged" of being on first.

Other groups also have a lot of dogs that require a lot less grooming, it's great fun getting up before 5am to groom dogs to be at the show at 8:30 :heart:

Hi BBJ and Sway,

Group 7 is the *ss end of the show and all the dogs that dont belong in groups 1-6, get chucked in group 7 LOL. Years ago Utillity and Non-Sporting were together, then the utillity group grew so big that they got sick of group 7 hangers on and dumped us on our own :-p But seriously, i have seen group 7 a number of times since moving back to group 1, has been on last of 2 or 3 groups on the day and i think to myself 'thank goodness im not in group 7 anymore or id be here all day'

It's a great question, one we've contemplated over the years.

My opinion is that the rotation has existed in Victoria.

Clearly we must go to different shows!

I don't see why they can't be changed around.

Same judges, same groups just a different order - It's only fair.

It's good for us being so small. Being one judge judging we rotate the judging order.

Group 1 first this week

Group 2 first next week etc

You could always move to Darwin :hug:

As Megz said, ours rotate.

It's good for us being so small. Being one judge judging we rotate the judging order.

Group 1 first this week

Group 2 first next week etc

You could always move to Darwin :(

As Megz said, ours rotate.

No way, you have a whole 100 dogs in your show, we have that in group 7,

I wouldn't have time to mingle if the show was that small :hug:

I get up earlier on the weekend than I do for work. :hug::(:):hug::rofl:

Speaking of work, i drove this morning in peak hour traffic :rofl:

How the hell do people do that every day!

I estimated people would spend 4-8hours week driving to and from work!

Following my directions you did better than last week. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ;) ;)

Following my directions you did better than last week. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ;) ;)

Bilbo, is is true that people breed Cavs ringside?

I always see maybe a dozen lining up to go in the ring, but then hundreds seem to appear out of tents and trolleys, it's like magic :hug:

I always see maybe a dozen lining up to go in the ring, but then hundreds seem to appear out of tents and trolleys, it's like magic :hug:

:(

I always see maybe a dozen lining up to go in the ring, but then hundreds seem to appear out of tents and trolleys, it's like magic :laugh:

Thats funny :p hahahha