Cs5-content Aware Fill

Ravyk

when i saw videos of this months back, i thought it was a joke.. now that its out its surprising, its great, but at the same time.. I kind of agree with persephones concerns about legit photographs now.

It's almost scary what it can do. I agree it will be impossible to know if the photo is real. I did notice one where most of the man was removed but his feet and shadow remained. :(

I also had fun finding the originals of some of the bits it had used as fill, it's amazing technology though, I wont be getting it but congrats on your new toy.

Edited by Kirislin

It's almost scary what it can do. I agree it will be impossible to know if the photo is real. I did notice one where most of the man was removed but his feet and shadow remained. :(

I also had fun finding the originals of some of the bits it had used as fill, it's amazing technology though, I wont be getting it but congrats on your new toy.

:cry: Yeah, I couldnt be bother removing OH's feet or shadow.

Good examples Ravyk - yes I liked the "just a shadow of his former self" one (as they used to describe rather unwell people).

Love your car shot - nice job of rust removal - always garaged and driven to church by little old lady.

But yes, the whole thing is a bit scary eh: not that dodgy 'photographs' are anything new, but truth in advertising is going to take a battering now that the ability to doctor images is so easily accessible.

What the horse and dog community is affected by is the magic instant method of changing gait, extending the trot, lifting or dropping tail carriage, improving flexion. Some of the examples on-line are a worry - tutorials in subterfuge for the unethical.

But yes, the whole thing is a bit scary eh: not that dodgy 'photographs' are anything new, but truth in advertising is going to take a battering now that the ability to doctor images is so easily accessible.

What the horse and dog community is affected by is the magic instant method of changing gait, extending the trot, lifting or dropping tail carriage, improving flexion. Some of the examples on-line are a worry - tutorials in subterfuge for the unethical.

Like this for example:

Spot the difference

poodle1.jpg

Like this for example:

Spot the difference

poodle1.jpg

dogs left leg

These things have been possible for a really long time - photo doctoring is nothing new. I was able to change those things several years ago if I tried, not that I ever used it on an animal that was to be used for breeding, just on photographs of my own pets. Perhaps people will be pushed to do more than look at a photo to judge an animals movement and conformation. Get some video - it's a lot harder to manipulate if you're not a professional. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to sit through editing a video frame by frame and having to deal with the continuity.

Quite simply, people demand quality and when that level becomes the norm, you have to go better or you sit dead in the water. Everyone wants to be able to do what a professional editor does. You see it in every kind of digital media editing software - I see it all the time in the software I use for work.

Like this for example:

Spot the difference

poodle1.jpg

east west front feet have been 'corrected'.

I think what's more worrying about CS5 is puppet warp, not content aware fill.

east west front feet have been 'corrected'.

I think what's more worrying about CS5 is puppet warp, not content aware fill.

What is the puppet warp? Could you give a quick run down on what it does?