Limited Register

kyxen kennels

What reason did the breeder give you for not transferring the pup to Main Register kyxen kennels?

I don't think there is a problem with limited register, personally.

at first it was because he wanted to see the dog when he was a year old to make sure he was to standard. then he just out right refused to change him after we sent him pictures and got judges to look at him ect not sure on the reason i think he just wanted to control the breed ect. there are several breeders that he told of this arangement but now says we never told him we had intentions of breeding or showing. which is a lie coz we already had 4 other dogs at the time and we had another pup we were interested in as well but he said he would change the dog off LR otherwise we wouldnt have got the pup in the first place.

Well, my experience tells me that there are always three sides to every story.

But given what you have said here, I'm afraid you must accept at least 75% of the "blame" in this case. Why ANYBODY who already breeds and shows dogs would knowingly accept a dog on LR with those conditions is absolutely beyond me. I'm sorry, but NO puppy is good enough to gamble on in this way. If you can't buy the dog on Main Register to do with what you will, or at the least in a partnership with the terms and conditions clearly laid out IN ADVANCE, then the fact is....you walk away.

as i said at the start of the forum. when we accepted this puppy. we unfortunatly didnt know there were breeders out there like the one we encountered. we were always planning to show and breed however we had a business at the time and didnt think it was fair on the dogs to go in when we werent ready to fully comit to it.

yes we accept that we were stupid and realise that there were agreements in place to stop this from happening.

also we are doing everything possible to fix this. and if worst comes to worst and he doesnt get moved of LR he is still apart of our family and not just breeding stock. so he will still stay with us and be desexed. we are responsible breeders and have much more knowledge now and only wish we had back when this all happend.

So i dont beleive your comment was fair at all :laugh:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What reason did the breeder give you for not transferring the pup to Main Register kyxen kennels?

at first it was because he wanted to see the dog when he was a year old to make sure he was to standard. then he just out right refused to change him after we sent him pictures and got judges to look at him ect not sure on the reason i think he just wanted to control the breed ect. there are several breeders that he told of this arangement but now says we never told him we had intentions of breeding or showing. which is a lie coz we already had 4 other dogs at the time and we had another pup we were interested in as well but he said he would change the dog off LR otherwise we wouldnt have got the pup in the first place.

But given what you have said here, I'm afraid you must accept at least 75% of the "blame" in this case. Why ANYBODY who already breeds and shows dogs would knowingly accept a dog on LR with those conditions is absolutely beyond me. I'm sorry, but NO puppy is good enough to gamble on in this way. If you can't buy the dog on Main Register to do with what you will, or at the least in a partnership with the terms and conditions clearly laid out IN ADVANCE, then the fact is....you walk away.

as i said at the start of the forum. when we accepted this puppy. we unfortunatly didnt know there were breeders out there like the one we encountered. we were always planning to show and breed however we had a business at the time and didnt think it was fair on the dogs to go in when we werent ready to fully comit to it.

yes we accept that we were stupid and realise that there were agreements in place to stop this from happening.

also we are doing everything possible to fix this. and if worst comes to worst and he doesnt get moved of LR he is still apart of our family and not just breeding stock. so he will still stay with us and be desexed. we are responsible breeders and have much more knowledge now and only wish we had back when this all happend.

Kyxen Kennells.

Why, if you own registered dogs why would you purchase a dog on the limited register is beyond belief.

As I have said previously, the breeder is under no obligation to up grade the dog if the breeder feels it is an inferior specimen of the breed.

Edited by oakway

Kyxen Kennells.

Why, if you own registered dogs why would you purchase a dog on the limited register is beyond belief.

As I have said previously, the breeder is under no obligation to up grade the dog if the breeder feels it is an inferior specimen of the breed.

because we didnt know at the time that LR was a big deal and thought it was just to make sure the pup grew into a nice dog which is understandable. also the dog is not an inferior specimen we have had him looked at by several judges who said he would be an asset to the show ring. if they said he was no good then we wouldn't have a problem not showing him and would be fine leaving him on the LR. and the breeder wouldn't even know if he was inferior because we had taken the dog to see him and he flat at refused to even look at the dog.

look i started this topic to get everyones thoughts on the matter. not to be abused by someone that doesn't even know the whole story.

You don't have to believe my comment was fair.

Based upon what you have said, regardless of WHY you made the decision you did, you made a mistake. The breeder has no obligation whatsoever to upgrade the dog from Limited to Main if they don't wish to.

As I said, YOUR error was in taking a dog in LR in the first place and not getting one free of restrictions for breeding/showing. If the breeder had not explained that the dog was not for breeding/showing, that would be an entirely different thing, but from what I can see, you clearly understood this from the beginning and still took the dog. The fact that you now hope the breeder will upgrade it is really immaterial.

Just because YOU do things one way, doesn't mean that somebody who uses LR is "abusing it". What it comes down to is that you are a breeder. You sell everything on Main Register (apparently unless there is a reason not to), but not everybody does that. Just because somebody doesn't do things "your way" doesn't make them wrong.

The fact is that you purchased a dog on LR KNOWING it was on LR but hoping it would be upgraded. The breeder doesn't wish for this to happen. You're pissed at the breeder and apparently trying to "force" them to upgrade the dog when really, they have no necessity to do so. You've learned a lesson and need to get over it and next time, if there is ANY chance in the future that you may wish to breed from, or show a dog, you need to purchase one on MR.

That's it.....end of story. Nothing unfair at all and basing my reply entirely upon the information that YOU have given so you can't use the old "look i started this topic to get everyones thoughts on the matter. not to be abused by someone that doesn't even know the whole story" line because you will not always get people who are going to pat you on the back and say "there there, poor kyxen, nasty breeder".

Many of us have BEEN in the shoes of the "nasty breeder" and we have very good reasons for NOT upgrading dogs from LR to MR.

So i dont beleive your comment was fair at all :)

Kyxen Kennells.

because we didnt know at the time that LR was a big deal and thought it was just to make sure the pup grew into a nice dog which is understandable. also the dog is not an inferior specimen we have had him looked at by several judges who said he would be an asset to the show ring. if they said he was no good then we wouldn't have a problem not showing him and would be fine leaving him on the LR. and the breeder wouldn't even know if he was inferior because we had taken the dog to see him and he flat at refused to even look at the dog.

look i started this topic to get everyones thoughts on the matter. not to be abused by someone that doesn't even know the whole story.

You have been given peoples thoughts on the matter and you object to them.

We breeders get sick of being breeder bashed all the time.