Grab Yourself A Bargain

horus

For the record, Dally Welfare charges well under $400 and that includes C5 vacc, worming, health check by our vet (and veterinary treatment for any ailments that the dog may have come to us with), heartworm test, collar/lead/harness set, lifetime support and DESEXING.

But how often do Dallly Welfare have puppies? Not everyone wants an adult dog so it's more about getting the information out there that someone can buy a Dally puppy from an ethical registered breeder for significantly less than $1200... one that has been bred from health tested stock (and doesn't look like a Greyhound x)...

But how often do Dallly Welfare have puppies? Not everyone wants an adult dog so it's more about getting the information out there that someone can buy a Dally puppy from an ethical registered breeder for significantly less than $1200... one that has been bred from health tested stock (and doesn't look like a Greyhound x)...

Dallies aren't generally an "expensive" breed either. Their price ranges from $400-$800, and I have only seen one breeder charge $1000. The average is around $550-$600. This usually includes BAER testing and all the basics vaccs, microchipped etc.

It just amazes me that they can sell a dog for $1200 that they themselves think is crossed with a greyhound and try to pass it off as pure. I just wish more people knew that they could go to a registered breeder and get themselves a quality dog for half the price. I felt like going back in there and posting a sign on her glass container saying so...

On further discussion, I would say she is crossed with a whippet if she is a cross. She is too small for a greyhound x.

Where I work (vet clinic) it is spelt wrong also. I've brought it to the managers attention and asked for it to be changed. No-one else thinks it's a big deal though. Something so small that I think is an embarrassment to the clinic. :thumbsup:

Up there with a ferret coming up as a "rodent" on our computer system, which they are not at all.

Mate - I think you're right to tell them that. As a dally owner of many years I can say that if my vet didn't even know how to spell the breeds name (and come on, it's not that complicated!!) I wouldn't cross them off completely but it would certainly make me feel dubious about how competent they are with them. I might go elsewhere!

well a puppy for $400.00.... i never saw any.... but that is what i got leo for fully vacced, not de sexed tho... and 10mo no puppy piddles.....

he was at the most fun age too the teenage years.... keen to learn but still a great big puppy. best of both worlds. his life span should be at least 10 years so even if you take off one, i willl have him for 9 years at the min... not bad.

although his purchase aint the spensive bit.... he seems to rooly like my vet... 5 visit this year for him alone. feel very sorry for the poor dear.

Grab yourself a bigger bargain and call the number in the Herald sun from last week.

'buy one get one free non-shedding 6 week old spoodles cute purebred'

Two for the price of one :thumbsup:

Just be sure to buy male-female so you can continue those lovely purebred show lines in your resulting 20 odd litters.

well a puppy for $400.00.... i never saw any.... but that is what i got leo for fully vacced, not de sexed tho... and 10mo no puppy piddles.....

They are there. Usually they are from breeders who live a bit further out of town.

Grab yourself a bigger bargain and call the number in the Herald sun from last week.

Two for the price of one :rofl:

Just be sure to buy male-female so you can continue those lovely purebred show lines in your resulting 20 odd litters.

:rofl:

Grace, they may just be from the same litter.

Guest belgian.blue
Either they are lying about her age for whatever reason

Yesterday we had a byb bring in 6 pups for 1st vaccination. I knew the genders and DOB of the pups, so had made up the vaccination cards prior to her appointment time.

When she saw the cards, she said she doesn't want any info on there, so I had to re-write them all. She insisted there was to be no DOB on the cards, no breed, no breeder contact details at all.

No doubt she was going to lie about their age too. :rofl:

Was a bit strange though too that not once the whole time she was their did she physically touch one of the pups :D

I'm amazed the pups were even vacc .. :rofl:

Stevie is a lab x GR born near Penrith according to her 'papers'. Three months after she joined our family - three months of learning, socialization, fun, joy - I saw at the old shop at Roselands a pup who MUST be her sister, hunched up in her little cage, not interested in people at all. Same birth date, same breed mix, same face. She haunts me, I wish I had grabbed her then. A week later she was gone.

So now I'm a mutterer when walking past the new shop and getting louder every time. I say, whether someone is with me or not: "where do puppies come from?".

I should have gone back sooner for Stevie's sister.

Two for the price of one :rofl:

This is a joke right?

I had the occasion to visit the wonderful establishment that trades under the name of 'Pets Paradise' at Westfield Parramatta today. There is an eleven week old Dalmatian pup for sale and I enquired as to how much she was being sold for. The pups come with their first vaccination, are wormed and the buyer has a vet visit and health check included in the price. PP also give a full 7 day health guarantee. All this for just $1200!! The little girl comes from a litter of 12 and PP had three pups from that litter to sell, two have already been sold and this little girl remains. There were other pure bred pups there as well, all for the same price.

I can only hope that some one who is willing to pay $1200 for a pup is also willing to give those pups a great home.

For the record, Dally Welfare charges well under $400 and that includes C5 vacc, worming, health check by our vet (and veterinary treatment for any ailments that the dog may have come to us with), heartworm test, collar/lead/harness set, lifetime support and DESEXING.

If its the same dog, I saw this dog there over three weeks ago.

4-5 weeks ago there was three pups (Dalmatian). It's sad that these dogs have to stay in such a tiny space for so many weeks. I think toilet training would be very hard for pup and new owner.

They come from someone like the bloke who advertises up here.

He travels around the area picking up full litters.

He doesnt care if they a x breeds or pure he will buy the whole lot.

You have too ask were he sells them.

There are a few puppy farms up here.

Or from people like the women in my art class,, who's two bitches have at least one litter between them a year.

I forgot to add that they also spelt 'Dalmatian' incorrectly. If you are going to charge an absolute fortune at least pretend that you actually know a little about the breed.
:(

an eleven week old dalmatain. Jeepers. The poor thing will be going insane!

*may or may not be going to Westfield Parramatta tomorrow*

Now Now Horrie.... Seeing as how Spotteh can't even spell her own breed name you can't pay out on a 16 year old who works in a pet shop for not being able too :)

I forgot to add that they also spelt 'Dalmatian' incorrectly. If you are going to charge an absolute fortune at least pretend that you actually know a little about the breed.
:D

Now Now Horrie.... Seeing as how Spotteh can't even spell her own breed name you can't pay out on a 16 year old who works in a pet shop for not being able too :(

:)

You got into my account and altered that spelling! Didn't you!

:D

Now Now Horrie.... Seeing as how Spotteh can't even spell her own breed name you can't pay out on a 16 year old who works in a pet shop for not being able too :(

I did notice that Spotty had made a mistake, but I didn't want to embarrass her in front of every one. I'm so glad that you did it instead :(

I did notice that Spotty had made a mistake, but I didn't want to embarrass her in front of every one. I'm so glad that you did it instead :(

I don't need too - she does it well enough herself :D

slaps the 'matian people oh beeehave.... :D

your behaving like your dogs all silly..... next you lot will be hiding behind stuff to jump out and go boooo! (not like my dog does that) :(:)

on a more serrious note.... you have to feel sorry for the puppie... at then end of the day.... what happens if puppy is not sold then is it pts?

or would they dump it one dally rescue?

My Brother and his wife on impulse bought 2 puppies (cavalier x's) from one of those places . The wife insisted after they bought the first one they had to go to another different petshop and buya second one to keep it company. I did a post about it at the time.

Anyway since then my brother and wife have split up (they had problems back when they bought the puppies), and the wife left him with the dogs because she had found a rental place.

My brother works long hours, so they been on their own heaps since then ! :)

Guess what only having had them for a couple years, he's getting rid of them! (I don't think he's ever kept a pet until the end of it's life!) :(

He's now having to sell their house, and will be looking for a rental for him and his part time young daughter.

They will probably end up at a pound :D

I'm disgusted by it all, but we don't talk so there's nothing I can do about it :(

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

What a poor puppy.

Remembering what Georgia was like at that age just makes me sad for the poor thing.

Hopefully someone committed to owning a dal buys him/her and they go to a loving home.