Spring Pole

So I want to invest in buying or (if possible) make a spring pole for Boss. He loves tug of war, I can lift him off the ground whilst playing but he is getting so heavy so a spring pole would be awesome.

Does anyone know any good sites or sellers. Also does anyone have or use a spring pole for there dogs (pics please :) ) and could I get some advice on teaching him how to use it safely?

For those who don't know Boss is an american staff x and he is roughly five months old.

For my old boy I just used an old car inner tube hung by rope from a strong branch. He loved it, and dead cheap. Make sure the metal valve is at the top so they can't cut their mouth on it.

Recommend you hang close to ground since his growth plates aren't closed yet (or at any age, if you're planning on letting him use it unsupervised).

Awesome I'll have a look on the aussie dog site!

Staranais whilst his a pup I might just keep it low to the ground but hopefully when he's full grown I'll attach one off the ground. I like the car inner tube would I need to go to the wreckers to get one?

Awesome I'll have a look on the aussie dog site!

Staranais whilst his a pup I might just keep it low to the ground but hopefully when he's full grown I'll attach one off the ground. I like the car inner tube would I need to go to the wreckers to get one?

Well by low to the ground I mean his back feet can still just touch the ground, should be OK to hang it so he's standing on two legs and can tug like that. Yeah, car wreckers should have one for you. Can't remember where I got mine, was a few years back.

Just showed it to him and he knew what to do with it. If you have doubts your dog will know what to do with it, I'd play with him with just the tire until he got the idea of grabbing it and tugging, before hanging it from the tree.

I went into K-Mart today and asked them they all looked at me as if I asked to put my finger up their bums. Hahah thanks Sue and Cindy I just saw your post now. Must go back over the weekend...

Has anyone got experience using a spring pole for their dogs? Does it resolve their boredom or do they get over it quickly?

• 3 weeks later...

Did you end up making a spring pole?

I used a garage door spring bought from the local hardware shop and attached it to a rafter with achain. This is so the dog can bounce up and down.

I then attached a tyre dog toy to the spring with some rope so that I can easily take the toy down without having to disassemble the whole thing.

My stafford girl loves it and just goes crazy hanging off it, but my amstaff boy is a big lazy lump who loses interest after about 30 seconds.

post-23765-1274769707_thumb.jpg

post-23765-1274769726_thumb.jpg