Healing Vibes Needed For My Aunty's 2 Dogs (photo Update!)

My Aunty Shiela was walking her 2 dogs Max (a maltese cross) and Zack (a schnauzer) on lead, she lives in Hobart, Tasmania.

A lady came walking from the opposite direction with a dog on lead that my aunty believes is a pitbull. (Her friend owns pitbulls so she does know what they look like, and is actually a fan of the breed) The pit bull broke her lead and attacked both my auntys dogs! First she attacked max, who's had a strip of flesh ripped off him, he then bolted and the pit bull then turned on Zach and latched onto him.

The dogs owner then stated "Oh she will let go when shes tired" and just stood there, doing nothing!!

There was a group of men nearby and they ran forwards to help (:o for these awesome guys!), grabbed hold of the dogs and I'm assuming one of them caught Max as well.

My Aunty was trying everything to get this dog to let go of Zach, she even stuck her thumb up its butt, but the dog didn't even budge. Thankfully the dog eventually loosened its grip, the men pulled them apart. One of them then drove my Aunty and her dogs to the hospital and the dogs are there now. Zack has puncture wounds and Max has bits of flesh missing :D :hug::eek:

Aunty Shiela was sent home by the vet while the dogs are undergoing surgery, and told to call the council immediately. They sent out a animal control officer to interview her. Unfortunately she doesn't know the lady's name, just the name and her idea of what breed of dog it is. But because of the womans statement of "she'll let go when she's tired" the officer believes that this is not the first attack that has happened. They're going to do everything they can to find this dog and owner.

I feel so awful for my aunty, I hope both Max and Zach are going to be alright! Its such a terrifying experience for both them and my Aunty to go through.

All because a woman walked her aggressive dog without a muzzle. I'm so angry at this women, I hope she decides to do the right thing and own up to what happened, however I doubt it. :)

Healing vibes needed please for these 2 beautiful boys :eek:!

I will let you know when they leave the vet.

max.jpg

Heres Max

zach.jpg

Heres Zach. (being very cheeky :))

I just hope that some news group doesn't get hold of this and turn it into a story on "evil pitbulls" when really its just another stupid owner who doesn't deserve to own this dog.

Edited by lovemesideways

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) It's so sad to read thread after thread about bloody irresponsible dog owners who are either clueless or deliberately ignorant of their dogs behaviour... to the detriment of so many other poor dogs who end up injured or worse :)

Sending speedy healing thoughts to Max & Zach LMS, and hope your poor aunty isn't too traumatised by this horrible incident :o

Maybe aunty can do a walk around if there are any dog parks close by & see if people have an idea of the dog in question,even local kids are good for that.

Not mentioning what has happened but simply needing to have a chat with her.

Mkae sure the vet rights a report & takes photo's & the council takes photo's

*Big* Healing vibes being sent your way.

"LEt go when she's tired"...... WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING TO PEOPLE THESE DAYS

I was just out walking myself when we got charged by a heavy set dog the height of my girls, but its intentions were pretty clear and I ended up screaming my head off... the owner just stood by the house and watched...

Your poor Aunty, hope she's coping ok and hoping these two beautiful dogs heal quickly.

What a horrible situation! Thank god for the bunch of men who came to your Aunty's aid....& probably finished up saving Zach's life.

And good on the council for sounding if they mean business about tracking down the idiot owner.

'It'll let go when it's tired????????????'

Imagine a car driver saying, 'I don't have to do anything. It'll stop when it runs out of petrol.'

Stupid, irresponsible....& not fit to own a dog, that woman!

My warmest thoughts going to your Aunty who's been thro' sheer hell. And all blessings for the recovery of her dogs.

Maybe aunty can do a walk around if there are any dog parks close by & see if people have an idea of the dog in question,even local kids are good for that.

Not mentioning what has happened but simply needing to have a chat with her.

Mkae sure the vet rights a report & takes photo's & the council takes photo's

:rofl: your poor auntie- and those two cute boys ! Hope they're ok. Make sure the vets do up a good detailed report- and have photos!!

*fingers crossed *

:)

Thank you everyone!

I will ring her now and tell her about the vet giving a report and taking photos!

& people wonder why BSL has come into being - because of stupid effing people like the owner of this Pitbull

ETA - sending good thoughts to your unties dogs - they look lovely

Edited by poodlemum

Quick Update!

Spoke to my Aunty, she is definitely shaken up but my other aunty is over at her house now giving her hugs and support.

Both the boys are home and will be in a great deal of pain for the next couple of weeks.

There is a palm size piece of skin ( :) ) missing out of Max’s hide, they have put in dissolving stitches that will be left in long past the usual 10 days because of the severity of the wound.

The vet is the most worried about Zach though. What happened was the dog lunged for zachs neck and Zach dodged so the dog didn’t get the whole neck in her mouth (THANK GOD!!!) and instead got some muscle and a mouthful of skin. The vet is worried there will be muscle damage in Zach’s neck :rofl:.

Another photo of Zach "helping" my Aunty with her paperwork.

zach2.jpg

What a shocking and horrible event.

If a dog of any breed attacked any of my dogs like that and with a comment such as the one your aunty was given, I think I would have murdered the attacking dog then punched the owner in the face.

Wishing a speed recovery.

& people wonder why BSL has come into being - because of stupid effing people like the owner of this Pitbull

ETA - sending good thoughts to your unties dogs - they look lovely

I know, it's just so unfortunate the people worthless beings that Pittys attract :)

:rofl: I agree. Something like this happens and think what this dog could have been like with a different owner. That kind of strength and drive shouldn't go to the wrong person. It creates disaster :rofl:.

Sometimes the title "moron" is totally correct. That woman needs to have a brain scan to check she has one. :):rofl::rofl:

Definitely ensure your Aunt gets a full and detailed report from the vet and she really needs to find that excuse for a supposedly intelligent form of life, because the moron should be paying your Aunt's vet bills.

If it weren't for those men, Max and Zack could be dead. Hope they recover fully ..... and your Aunt as well.

OMG... I hope your aunts dogs recover with no lasting damage...

I agree this lady is a moron... May the full force of the law get her...

Cheers for the men who stopped and helped. Maybe ask your aunt if they stopped to get the ladies name.

My Aunty Shiela was walking her 2 dogs Max (a maltese cross) and Zack (a schnauzer) on lead, she lives in Hobart, Tasmania.

A lady came walking from the opposite direction with a dog on lead that my aunty believes is a pitbull. (Her friend owns pitbulls so she does know what they look like, and is actually a fan of the breed) The pit bull broke her lead and attacked both my auntys dogs! First she attacked max, who's had a strip of flesh ripped off him, he then bolted and the pit bull then turned on Zach and latched onto him.

The dogs owner then stated "Oh she will let go when shes tired" and just stood there, doing nothing!!

There was a group of men nearby and they ran forwards to help (:) for these awesome guys!), grabbed hold of the dogs and I'm assuming one of them caught Max as well.

My Aunty was trying everything to get this dog to let go of Zach, she even stuck her thumb up its butt, but the dog didn't even budge. Thankfully the dog eventually loosened its grip, the men pulled them apart. One of them then drove my Aunty and her dogs to the hospital and the dogs are there now. Zack has puncture wounds and Max has bits of flesh missing :o:rofl: :rofl:

Aunty Shiela was sent home by the vet while the dogs are undergoing surgery, and told to call the council immediately. They sent out a animal control officer to interview her. Unfortunately she doesn't know the lady's name, just the name and her idea of what breed of dog it is. But because of the womans statement of "she'll let go when she's tired" the officer believes that this is not the first attack that has happened. They're going to do everything they can to find this dog and owner.

I feel so awful for my aunty, I hope both Max and Zach are going to be alright! Its such a terrifying experience for both them and my Aunty to go through.

All because a woman walked her aggressive dog without a muzzle. I'm so angry at this women, I hope she decides to do the right thing and own up to what happened, however I doubt it. :rofl:

Healing vibes needed please for these 2 beautiful boys :rofl:!

I will let you know when they leave the vet.

max.jpg

Heres Max

zach.jpg

Heres Zach. (being very cheeky :rofl:)

I just hope that some news group doesn't get hold of this and turn it into a story on "evil pitbulls" when really its just another stupid owner who doesn't deserve to own this dog.

So so sorry for what your aunt is having to endure. All positive thoughts her way! I am disgusted to hear that the owner said "she will let go when she is tired"! What a fuc&whit! I so hope that the dog turns on her and lets go when she is tired! See how that feels when it is too close to home. These people are such a detriment to our country, sh?tting and p?ssing and breathing when they should simply cease to exist!

Yet another typo error!

Edited by Abigail