Crate Question

W Sibs

I also wish my two would spoon like yours - poor Chip would die of a heart attack if Kiesha so much as stretched her paw towards him :rofl: although he does love her really :rofl:

Sounds like you have a dog like mine! :)

Thanks guys.. I'm going to try everything you guys suggestions. Even crate her at night so she sleeps in there (the boyfriend isn't going to like that.. he likes his little girl sharing the pillow with him :) )

I'm going swap Emmy's and Charlie's crate around. Charlie doesn't care where we put his crate as long as he can see me.

Here is a photo of the two sharing Charlie's living room bed... :rofl:

4580980760_6e62b126a8.jpg

Edited by charleswentworth

Sounds like you have 2 issues to deal with, crate training and Emmy who can't cope with being on her own. Both need working how. How much time do the dogs spend apart, doing different things? Once she can cope with her own time, she wll be happier to go to her own crate

Sounds like you have 2 issues to deal with, crate training and Emmy who can't cope with being on her own. Both need working how. How much time do the dogs spend apart, doing different things? Once she can cope with her own time, she wll be happier to go to her own crate

Yeah. When I'm at work or am out, I keep Charlie and Emmy separated. Charlie gets the front of the house and Emmy gets the back of the house. They are only together when there is someone there to supervise. This weekend, Charlie will be having a sleep over at the boyfriend's brother's house and Emmy will be spending the day with me, while we go visit some friends.

Crate training update... I moved position on Emmy's crate in the bedroom and she actually stayed in there!! She didn't even care that Charlie was in bed with me. I gave her pig ear and she was happy noming it on it in her crate and had a little snooze in there.. fingers cross this last! Huh.. I never thought of positioning of the crate. With Charlie, I can put the crate anywhere and he just goes in there.

But, late at night, she did end up sleeping in the bed with me. We both get up twice a night to take her outside to do her toilet training :)

Once she gets used to being in her own crate in this position, then begin moving it around so that she'll go in her crate where ever.

Sounds like Miss Emmy has you wrapped around her little paw :) She's so cute I can understand how easy that would be :p

Once she gets used to being in her own crate in this position, then begin moving it around so that she'll go in her crate where ever.

Sounds like Miss Emmy has you wrapped around her little paw :) She's so cute I can understand how easy that would be :p

ohh.. the little miss has me, the boyfriend and Charlie wrapped around her little paw. She is a real joy to have around, she has made our little and quiet family much happier (and nosier). but, we have started to be more firmer on her.