Boarding & Training - Eastern Suburbs Melbourne

Yes, i'd be happy for someone to buy me kennels in sunny Brisbane too! Although i am pretty excited about the kennels we use for our B+T, (ABBA boarding kennels) because although the current facilities are fabulous, they are re building brand new facilities soon- they are going to be amazing!

OK, I'll go hunting for boarding facilities ...

Hey Huski .... wasn't Camp Tailwaggers put up for sale not so long ago? :eek: LOL .....

<sigh> dreaming on ...............

You were buying it for me first :cry:. Show me the Title Deed with "Pro-K9" registered as proprietor, and I'm yours :eek:. I know we're only kidding around. T'would be nice though.

Yes, just kidding around, unfortunately :o

Perhaps you could just come up for a workshop instead :D

:cry: ..... tell me what you want covered :laugh:.

Perhaps I could round up Kelpie-i to come as well?

And/or K9 Pro.

:eek: oooh .... "K9 Pro Pro K9" or "Pro K9 K9 Pro" .

ETA: Sorry, Puppymum, we've wandered off topic a tad, and that's rude.

Not sure what suburb you're located at, but Kelpie-i (DOL member) does B&T with Kempala Kennels - they're in the Western district though, but both kennels and trainer are good :D, so there's another option, perhaps?

Edited by Erny

Yes, just kidding around, unfortunately :laugh:

Perhaps you could just come up for a workshop instead :D

:cry: ..... tell me what you want covered :D.

Perhaps I could round up Kelpie-i to come as well?

And/or K9 Pro.

:eek: oooh .... "K9 Pro Pro K9" or "Pro K9 K9 Pro" .

That sounds like it would be tonnes of fun - K9 Pro should be coming up to QLD again this year perhaps he should drag you along :D

ETA: Apologies for going OT :o

Edited by huski

Well, you're all always welcome to come visit us in little old NZ... :provoke:

Now, I'd looooooooove to do that too :wave:. It would be great to meet you, Star, after all this time.

I've boarded my dogs a few times but it's still never crossed my mind to have them trained - maybe it's just me, there are very few people I would trust to train my dog and I've heard way too many B&T horror stories to consider that style of training for myself.

I can see it would be beneficial for the dog to have the mental stimulation that comes with a training session if it was with a good trainer.

My dogs always stay at All Breeds Kennels in Lyndhurst and get a daily training session from Erny (Judi from ProK9 in real life).

They absoultely love it. I want the training so they don't get bored. It has also helped my fearful girl become more confident.

To the OP - I highly recommend All Breeds and Erny. The kennels themselves aren't fancy-schmansy, but are fully air-conditioned/heated (most aren't in Melbourne) and they get 3 play times a day (a lot of the very fancy ones get 2, or you have to pay for each session). The staff are also really great and handled by girl as per my instructions and didn't fuss over her.

It was more cost effective for me to send them to All Breeds and have training than it would have been to send them to one of the fru-fru kennels.

ETA: I have two mini schnauzers and I always talk to Erny (and sometimes call her Erny in real life...) about what I want her to focus on. Most of the stuff is just for fun anyway (trick training) with some more 'serious" stuff thrown in if required.

Edited by megan_

Oh... I wonder what they want for it/why they're selling... Looks like a fabulous set up.

http://www.ilnam.com.au/Community-Coolanga...-Tony-Bulke.htm

Lots to answer the first question :laugh:

I think they are selling it due to a marriage break up.

It is an excellent set up, I've been to a couple of training workshops there... lovely place to stay.

Edited by huski

I am a bit precious about just boarding them too :rofl: I really don't like doing it regardless of how good the kennel is :rofl:

I've left one of my girls at 3 different kennels... :)

One time it was just for the night, and I was NOT happy at all. :(:)

My girl is off to ABBA Kennels and training with Cosmolo in June. Normally she goes to a pet sitter and stays at her home with her dog, but that's not an option this time. Given that Bronte is obsessed with Cos and roo-roos and waggles like a mad dog when she sees her, I thought it would be nice to add the continuity of known trainers into her daily kennel routine, so she wouldn't feel so out of sorts when she goes there.

Between Cos and Mr Cos training her, I'll be lucky if she wants to come home when I go to pick her up. :)