Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

For me with food, it really is a case of what your pet does the best on. My cats for example, always ate a 'premium' dry cat food, sometimes it cost more to feed them than me :wave: but one day after buying a large new bag of the food, Tosca refused to eat it. She had never been fussy before! I ended up contacting the company that made the food and they had slightly changed the recipe, and boy, could Tosca tell! I have to say they were really good and sent me a cheque for the cost of the food I'd just bought. So after trying a few different foods, I now feed them Supercoat. They are healthy, their coats are shiny, they love the food. Jinx had a blocked tear duct recently and someone (probably Jinx) whomped Tiger in the eye and he needed drops but that's the only time any of them have been to the vet outside of checkups and vaccinations. I really have to say that they are in better condition than they have ever been in. They do get chicken wings and such for chewing but they always got those.

I will be feeding the dog on dry food and some raw and see how she goes.

yikes :wave: heheheheh... take your own advice and leave that alone. Try the Advance and the RC as suggested - and even some others if needed (heaven forbid, you could try supermarket brands) because at the end of the day, if your boys are eating, lookin' good - and most importantly, feeling good - what's the big deal?

Re Raw: I've heard pre-prepared supermarket BARF is worse than good kibble... *dons flame suit in case of emergency*

My sister had two beagles, she used to open the window overlooking the back yard and throw the dogs dinner into the yard and they had to "search" it out. Worked for Charlie and Stella. ;)

Edited by KumaAkita

In other exciting news (but totally OT) I found the clicker I thought I had lost! Yay... Amazing what you find in pockets on washing day :wave: it's good too coz I wasn't really fond of the one I bought on Sunday, my thumb nail kept getting caught!

*don't tell anyone, but Kuma gets wet and dry food coz he is too fussy to eat anything else...*

In other exciting news (but totally OT) I found the clicker I thought I had lost! Yay... Amazing what you find in pockets on washing day :laugh: it's good too coz I wasn't really fond of the one I bought on Sunday, my thumb nail kept getting caught!

*don't tell anyone, but Kuma gets wet and dry food coz he is too fussy to eat anything else...*

:rofl: Don't you know that wet food is bad KA?!?!? It goes through their system quickly, gives them the runs, no nutritional value whatsoever etc etc blah blah blah.... :)

Yaaaay for finding your clicker! I prefer when I find money on washing days. :thumbsup:

In other exciting news (but totally OT) I found the clicker I thought I had lost! Yay... Amazing what you find in pockets on washing day :rofl: it's good too coz I wasn't really fond of the one I bought on Sunday, my thumb nail kept getting caught!

:) Don't you know that wet food is bad KA?!?!? It goes through their system quickly, gives them the runs, no nutritional value whatsoever etc etc blah blah blah.... ;)

Yaaaay for finding your clicker! I prefer when I find money on washing days. :thumbsup:

That happened this morning too! I found a tenner sneaking out of the pocket in the jacket I wear in the mornings walking the dog...

Today was a great morning! :laugh:

I have one really fat cat and one skinny one - the vet recommended Royal Canin for them when i took them in for their vacs, I knew my small cat would lose weight but gave the new food a go - sure as anything she dropped weight like crazy, the only food she does well on is Purina One Advanced Hairball formula. The premium foods just dont agree with her. And then my lab is the hardest to feed as he is allergic to almost everything besides lamb, roo and goat.

I did some clicker training with my cats today (getting in some practice) and it was hilarious! One got it pretty much straight away, and the other one was clueless but she sure enjoyed the free cheese! :thumbsup: Might do some more tomorrow.

Ava is beautiful!

Edited by ravenau1

Wuffles: can I assume that Miss Ava got into some mischief today??

Max#1: hrmmm... good luck with that one :)

ok... time for more photos:

My Spethal Idiot Boy:

IMG_5042.jpg

This morning I let the boy in after breakfast (usually a no-no coz he ends up mussing my work clothes) and the house went suddenly quiet. Someone had snuck into the lounge room and onto the futon. Bear in mind, he's not allowed on the carpet, and definitely not on the couches!

P1000404.jpg

whoops, busted "I'm just leaving..."

P1000406.jpg

And Kuma in one of his favourite spots in the house - under the kitchen bench

P1000407.jpg

P1000411.jpg

(sorry - photo quality is a bit iffy... Still learning the ropes with my camera)