Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Hi everyone I have been a bit of a lurker on this thread and have enjoined reading everyone's stories and posts

here are my two ferals lovleys

Deakin now around 18 months old

DSC_6110-1-2-1.jpg

Watson who is the new kid on the block at 3 months old

DSC_6228-1-1.jpg

and lastly one of them together on Watsons first day home

DSC_6016-1.jpg

KTB those puppys are so cute and squishable

Edited by Primedogs

PS KTB, just read your thread about the pup whose cute pic might be the one a few posts ago. Interesting replies. I don't know whether it's made where to go from here any easier for you though :o

:o

:cry:

:(

:bolt:

:flame:

:hitself:

Edited by koalathebear

primedogs: So happy you came out of lurk. i was wondering when you'd materialise and say yoohoo! :(

Your fur kids are beautiful! How old was Deakin when you got Watson the little ball of fluff? Sooooo cute :hitself:

Do you attend obedience classes around here? Will see see you at BDOC or around the traps somewhere??

OMG KTB those puppies are just devine!!!!!!! I think I am getting clucky!!!!!! (Bad, Bad Wizzle!).

So, I have finally uploaded some pics to photo bucket. Check out G's first taste of ice cream (yes KTB, snobby ice crea for snobby dog!!!! :( ) and her first trip to the beach. Please excuse my whiteness - it was the first day of sun I've seen in MONTHS!!!!!

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

I have some baby shots of her somewhere. I will load those too!

Welcome to the thread Primedogs. :flame:

pups.jpg

Getting a more recent photo soon (these ones are about a week old). We're looking at one of the red and tans - who are apparently chunky monkeys. *ponder ponder*

Awwwww.. too cute! I'm a sucker for the red/tans!! :hitself:

OMG KTB those puppies are just devine!!!!!!! I think I am getting clucky!!!!!! (Bad, Bad Wizzle!).

So, I have finally uploaded some pics to photo bucket. Check out G's first taste of ice cream (yes KTB, snobby ice crea for snobby dog!!!! :( ) and her first trip to the beach. Please excuse my whiteness - it was the first day of sun I've seen in MONTHS!!!!!

IMG_1368.jpg

I have some baby shots of her somewhere. I will load those too!

Haha, I have 2 pups and I'm still clucky!

Looks like everyone had a fun day at the beach! :bolt: Love the pic of little G with her head stuck in the ice-cream tub!

Baby Genevieve...

We picked Genevieve out when she was three weeks old, after taking a drive to our lovely breeder's home and visiting the litter. We took heaps of pics that day! From then on, our breeder would send me a weekly pic update (which most of these baby photos of her are). Then of course, I took stacks of photos the day we bought her home!!!

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

IMG_1762_resize.jpg

genevive1.jpg

IMG_1897_resize.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

With Auntie Lori, while Mummy drove... She loved the car!!!

DSC01190.jpg

Nothing like a snooze on the way home!

Thanks for the welcome everyone :(

Wizzle that beach looks lovely and Genevieve looks like she had fun, baby Genevieve is just too cute especially those really young ones with that speckled nose

KTB Deakin was around 17months old when Watson was brought home though it was a bit sudden as although we had been browsing petrescue and the rescue threads on dol for a little while we had only contacted Watsons breeder the week before asking about a future litter and she emailed back stating she had a male puppy from a current litter still avaliable as she hadn't found the right home for him and after the email we sent she thought we could fit that gap and so after a family discussion he was brought home that sunday.

We attend obedience classes as deakin has somehow managed to reach novice class and watson starts this sunday, though we go to the companion dog club at symoston as I live southside so it was a toss up between it and tuggeranong as belconnen was a bit to far to drive.

KumaAkita We live in tuggeranong so it wouldn't have been us, speaking of seeing around now I am quite sure you attend the bdoc but just checking that you don't go to the one at obediance club at symoston as in puppy class last term there was an akita that looked alot like Kuma

After reading this thread, my challenge of the day is for Kumatheakita to sneak Kuma into a hotelroom without anyone knowing. :hitself:

Perhaps pretend he is a big, cuddley trolley. :o

Of course I am joking and would never be advocating Bad Behaviour.

:o:(

pups.jpg

Getting a more recent photo soon (these ones are about a week old). We're looking at one of the red and tans - who are apparently chunky monkeys. *ponder ponder*

:flame::bolt::cry:

----

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and comments on Mav & Hector's stories :eek:

Gorgeous pictures from everyone!

Wizzle - that little one is soooooo cute! I love the head in the ice-cream photo! In a minute I'll upload a video of Max telling my OH exactly what he thinks of him, life in general, and the natural yoghurt my OH is eating....

I just read the other post about the motel rooms. Gee whiz, how sad. I was having a chat to this Chinese man that I work with. The kind of old man, who doesn't know how old he is, has a massage remedy for any headache you have, has some very interesting old photos from China, shows up at work at 5 am and leaves by 1 pm - and manages to get away with not having to obey any other of the usual workplace rules either! But brilliant at what he does (scientist).

Anyway, we were talking about our dogs. He has a kelpie x, very obedient, knows which bus his wife arrives on, and to wait accordingly. Also will follow him on his bike (he rides at 0.1 km/hr so don't stress), etc. He loves this dog, and he was happy to hear about my Puppy and how much fun I have had with him. I told him that dog people are the best people (and perhaps we should be a bit suspicious of the others....). After reading that thread, not so sure. What a shame....

KTB: chunky monkey..... what a cutie!!!!

Primedogs: I hope Max looks like Deakin when he 'grows up'!

I am still DOL-slapped (like being pistol-whipped or b*tch-slapped but worse - like death by a thousand paper cuts! I kid you not!) but had to say to MavericksMission ...7 cats.

:hitself:

Can I send my OH over to play with the 7 cats? he is a cat person and feeling very cat-deprived because I am allergic to kitties. :(

Edited by koalathebear

Here it is...

This was taken back in August, so awhile ago. He's since learned some food manners and is much more polite about the whole deal! And also much more sensitive to natural yoghurt unfortunately. Him eating it now only results in what can be described as 'intestinal upsets' (read: very very very smelly farts!).

Here it is...

This was taken back in August, so awhile ago. He's since learned some food manners and is much more polite about the whole deal! And also much more sensitive to natural yoghurt unfortunately. Him eating it now only results in what can be described as 'intestinal upsets' (read: very very very smelly farts!).

That is toooo cute!!!! :laugh:

After reading this thread, my challenge of the day is for Kumatheakita to sneak Kuma into a hotelroom without anyone knowing. :laugh:

Perhaps pretend he is a big, cuddley trolley. :)

Of course I am joking and would never be advocating Bad Behaviour.

If I did, I certainly wouldn't say anything on here, I'd need a flame retardant suit first :cry:

Thanks for the welcome everyone ;)

KumaAkita We live in tuggeranong so it wouldn't have been us, speaking of seeing around now I am quite sure you attend the bdoc but just checking that you don't go to the one at obediance club at symoston as in puppy class last term there was an akita that looked alot like Kuma

Ahh, possibly a sibling then. You will have to get your passport out and come over to the northside!!

I am still DOL-slapped (like being pistol-whipped or b*tch-slapped but worse - like death by a thousand paper cuts! I kid you not!) but had to say to MavericksMission ...7 cats.

:)

Can I send my OH over to play with the 7 cats? he is a cat person and feeling very cat-deprived because I am allergic to kitties. :laugh:

;)

It has that effect on some people! I do have a friend who has 10 rescue moggies.. so that makes me feel a bit better! :cry:

Here it is...

awww That's cute! :laugh:

:)

Can I send my OH over to play with the 7 cats? he is a cat person and feeling very cat-deprived because I am allergic to kitties. :laugh:

;)

It has that effect on some people! I do have a friend who has 10 rescue moggies.. so that makes me feel a bit better! :cry:

I think my OH would kill me if we had any kitties.. he's not really a cat person and has said no........ I'm sure I can convince him though. Hehehe...!

KTB, maybe your OH can convince mine...?

haha clastic!!! IT TAKES AGES TO WRITE THESE POSTS! and i'm being careful to save it incase I have to rewrite it as my puter sometimes forgets what I type...

... back to the shadows to continue lurking with MavericksMission...

I came out of the shadows to post Maverick's story.. where's yours? :laugh:

:cry:

And SammieS you had better come out and play!!

I love this thread and thanks for letting me lurk around...

Asti's Story: Ever since I was little I have been allergic to dogs, I would break out in big red itchy welts which would make me scratch, it didn't matter which dog it was so I want always told to stand still and never pat dogs, I have sort of grown out of some of my many allergies but not really the cat-dog-fish-horse-grass-dust-pollen-food ones! So instead OH and I got two turtles and when we bought our house we also got two Eclectus parrots Fred and Ruby.

So, 2 years ago my best friend bought a Pug called Baxter! He's such a lovely little man who's motto is 'Make Love not War'... we fell in love with him and to our surprise I could cuddle him all I liked and didn't get a rash!!! So OH started to investigate pug-like dogs and found out about Bostons and then Frenchies! There was a breeder near us with a litter so we 'went for a drive JUST TO PLAY WITH THEM' and see what happens... which as you know means 'we're going to buy one if you don't swell up!' so after 4 hours and no preparation for bringing a puppy home we bought Asti and there were no allergies in sight! So after a rather expensive trip to Pet Wise on the way home we had Asti!

She's been the best thing in the world and I really couldn't imagine not having her around! She's a fiesty little bugger and gives her mate Baxter a run for his money but they love eachother all the same.

Here's some photos...

I wish we had have got more of her when she was tiny...

n634636592_1698541_426087.jpg

Before her ears came up...

n634636592_1698543_5756687.jpg

So tiny having a bath

4886_106185181592_634636592_2144057_3846050_n.jpg

Asti and Baxter

18773_279777061592_634636592_3533939_5799982_n.jpg

Asti not happy about the candle on her first birthday cake ;)

18773_279777026592_634636592_3533936_2719667_n.jpg

Asti recently running around our backyard which is now turfed (if that's a word)

58480_442398076592_634636592_5220238_8340109_n.jpg

haha clastic!!! IT TAKES AGES TO WRITE THESE POSTS! and i'm being careful to save it incase I have to rewrite it as my puter sometimes forgets what I type...

I know what you mean.. I was typing a post last night and the web browser did a huge fail.. lost everything I had typed! I take quite a while to post as well, always previewing and making sure it all makes sense.. it always sounds fine in my head but sometimes my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type another! But hooray you have come out from the shadows! :laugh:

Asti is gorgeous, love her puppy pics before her ears stood up and the one of her taking a bath!! Pups are always so cute when they haven't grown into their bat ears yet. :cry: