Tell Me Not To Worry

Kirislin

I bought a new camera from DWI but didn't buy the Mack warranty with it as I hadn't decided if I wanted it or not. About 2 weeks later I decided to get it and 3 days later they said it was to be despatched within 24 hours. It wasn't until almost 2 weeks later they actually did though! It's supposed to be registered mail but I didn't actually insure it as I think it's just a bit of paper. Now it still hasn't arrived and when I contacted DWI they said check with the post office. I cant seem to track it, I dont know where it is. I am really hoping it will come today but it's already more than 30 days since I got the camera and you're supposed to register your warranty within 30 days. I really hope I haven't blown my $340. I hope if it's gone astray they will just cancel it and send another but I dont know if it works that way. Getting worried now.

Has anyone else had problems with DWI.

Edited by Kirislin

I have only bought my speedlite and macro lens from there with no trobles at all. Got my items within a week of purchase through fed express which I had to sign for. I checked the tracking number to see how it was travelling and could always see where it was.

So how long has it been since they dispatched the item? It should go through fed express so you should have got a tracking number in your confirmation email.

Fingers crossed it's coming soon....

well it's weird, the number they gave me doesn't correspond with their tracking system. quoted off their email. I've blanked out my full tracking number, but as you can see they say if it starts with 1 or 2 it's with DHL, if it starts with 4 8 or 9 it's fedex. but mine starts with a 3!! they are not being helpful at all.

Your tracking number for your parcel is RB3xxxxxxHK, numbers beginning with 1 or 2 are tracking codes for DHL, and numbers beginning with 4, 8 or 9 are FedEx tracking codes while tracking codes beginning with E are EMS tracking codes.

I had no trouble when I bought the camera. I wish I'd just got the warranty at the same time but I didn't want to double up on my insurance. I am really starting to stress about this now. Of course my other worry is that because they've taken more than 2 weeks since I actuallty paid for it an the 30 days have passed since I purchased the camera, what if Mack wont register it anyway. :rofl: I will have a $340 bit of paper, assuming it ever actually arrives.

Edited by Kirislin

That is odd indeed...

Schnauzer Boy just got a Nikon body from DWI so It will be interesting to see what his code started with and how long his took...

I would keep persisting with them. I'd have the sh*ts with it after so long...

:rofl:

EFS

Edited by Bellatrix

I just rang and spoke to their Sydney office and they cant find anything either! He's going to ring Aust post and get back to me. I said if it cannot be found would they cancel it and issue another and he was a bit vague saying he'd pass it onto admin. I'm starting to have a very bad feeling about this. :rofl:

edit, feeling a bit better, he's traced it to Melb and said I should get it either today or early next week. I feel a bit better but I wont be at ease until it's in my hot little hand.

so my advice to anyone in the future is buy the warranty at the same time as you buy the bloody camera. Dont do it separately like I did.

Edited by Kirislin

Could they give you the policy number and you use the number to insure your camera and then they just re-issue you the paper work?? Or is that too simple for them??

:rofl: Well, it's certainly too simple for me!! I never thought to ask that. Hopefully I'll have it today anyway.

Could they give you the policy number and you use the number to insure your camera and then they just re-issue you the paper work?? Or is that too simple for them??

:( Well, it's certainly too simple for me!! I never thought to ask that. Hopefully I'll have it today anyway.

They should be able to give you "your number" over the phone.

Mine came in a packet (WITH THE CAMERA :)) and then I registered it online using the number on the warranty card in the packet.

Edited by anniek