Would You Buy These? If So Which Brand/ones?

Guest acb123

Depends on where you live. We use none of those products, we worm each 1/4 and that's it.

If you don;t have fleas and don;t live in a tick area, then why pump chemicals into and onto your puppy/dog. The same goes for heartworm prevention. Moxidectin is nasty stuff.

Guest acb123
Depends on where you live. We use none of those products, we worm each 1/4 and that's it.

If you don;t have fleas and don;t live in a tick area, then why pump chemicals into and onto your puppy/dog. The same goes for heartworm prevention. Moxidectin is nasty stuff.

Holy crap :) Is this new? I haven't owned a dog in 18yrs ......or has this always been the case? Mind you I lived on a farm with ticks.....

So if there are no known ticks or fleas in the area then skip it? How will I know if there are fleas? There are dogs next door. Do I just keep checking the puppy's coat?

And how do you protect against heartworm? :laugh:

Sorry this is all new to me

Actually Ive been wondering about this. I have Kei on Interceptor but I really dont think I need to be worming him every month (though I tend to give it every 6 weeks). Not sure what to change to though. Does Heartguard use the same active ingredients as Interceptor? I dont want to have to fiddle around trying to find something that might not agree with him..

Check the puppy on a regular basis, I'd check every day while having a belly rub and check the base of the tail , they are areas where fleas will generally be.

If you are in a heartworm area, then look at using a prevention for heartworm only and worm each 1/4 with drontal or another broard spectrum wormer.

We don't use any heart worn prevention , but we do prevent the mozzies from getting on the dogs in the summer months. Our area is too cold for heart worm.

Guest acb123

Oh crap I live in a mozzy infested area .... what do I do? Which brand/product does heartworm prevention.

How do I keep mozzies off my dog?

Guest acb123
Proheart is for heart worm prevention, it contains moxydectin.

Heartgard ( you can also get the plus for intestinal worms ) is ivermectin

Whatever you do, don't get the Proheart Slow release injection.

So is the Heartgard the safer one? Is that the one you're recommending?

is there only one type of Heartworm injection or are there different brands/types???

is there only one type of Heartworm injection or are there different brands/types???

Yes, only one which is the Proheart 12 month injection.

There was a 6 month version available O/S but I think it may have been pulled from the shelves after all the bad reactions :laugh:

So is the Heartgard the safer one? Is that the one you're recommending?

I personally don't like either chemical and suggest you research both yourself to pick which one you would like to use.