Opinions On Nikon D3000 Vs D5000

FranVT

I got it from JB HiFi and in the end it was $1699 - this was the first lot to hit the shelves when it came out - I had mine on pre-order for about 2mths before it came in and it was with the twin lense kit, an extra fast memory card and a UV filter .... I bought the bag from Domaine separately ......

I had several stores in mind to buy it from depending on who had them in first .... they were all willing to negotiate price but JB HiFi came down the lowest and they were the easiest for me to get to at the time

Awesome thank you ;) ;) I'll be buying it in Brisbane next weekend, probably in Chermside.

you should be able to get a better price than what I paid for mine these days ... as I said that was October 2008 and I know they have come down in price since then ... I also wanted to see, hold and buy mine in person - in future maybe that will change but for my first DSLR and first really expensive camera well I just wanted to do it that way ....

Good luck and happy shopping :rofl:

That is exactly how I feel :rofl: I want to hold it in my hands and look at the menu and all that stuff for my first dSLR. I'll probably buy my lenses from DWI though in the future, great prices!

Cameras Direct have the Nikon D90 body for $1047, & there are prices with a range of lenses here.

I have bought several items from Cameras Direct & I have always had fantastic service & have been given very good advice over the phone.

I actually went to Domayne & JB Hi-Fi & handled all the different breeds of cameras :rofl: before finally settling on the D80 with the 18-200mm lens. I then made my purchase from Cameras Direct as their price + postage was the best at the time.

Fran I 'm so glad you posted this question, I've been lookinat the same cameras myself.

Hope you don't mind if I butt in and ask a question of the lens experts on here, why is it preferable (and more expensive) to have a 18-200mm lens rather than 18-55 and 55-200 twin lenses?

• 2 weeks later...