Blue Weimaraner

BlueDom

like the amstaff and staffy blue's, very rare , not, just another good money making scam :cheer:

shame no one wants a blue grey, lots of them being pts :rofl:

I want a blue grey... or a black one... or any one, just don't have the space for another dog :cheer:

I just googled blue weimaraner and they look like a normal weimaraner to me??? could someone explain or post pics of the difference.

The blue ones are diluted black and the 'normal' colour is diluted brown/chocolate.

Looking at a site for Blue Weims some do look quite similar to the normal colour, so perhaps that is why they happen. Very light blues being mistaken for chocolates?

• 2 weeks later...

Blue weims can not be reg here in Aust so u may as well buy a pure bred weimaraner.

i have had one person "buy" a blue here in Aust but when i had seen the dog it was a x breed, maybe dane x.

Why is it you ask about Blue weims?

Blue Weimaraner Website

Have a look at this website and should answer most questions you have about Blue Weimaraners..

Like Claire said, you certainly can buy/import one from the US if that's what you want - but they aren't registrable. I'd be stickng with the Grey Ghosts - the one and original :noidea:

picture for those interesed in the blue/grey comparison.

Is it just me or does the "blue" have a different shape ear?? Seems longer and more rounder at the tip. Oh dear, let's hope that weis are not going to be the next "breed" to have those elusive expensive "blues".

Is it just me or does the "blue" have a different shape ear?? Seems longer and more rounder at the tip. Oh dear, let's hope that weis are not going to be the next "breed" to have those elusive expensive "blues".

I thought that too, it's got ears the size of bedsheets.

I thought that too, it's got ears the size of bedsheets.

That blue "weimaraner" is young... hence it's large ears... normal weis also have ears the size of dumbos when they are pups... Everything about blue weis is the same as weimaraners... except their colour. They look probably a little more poorly bred, because they are in most cases, a BYB.

Blue weis, since one left germany and was accepted by the AKC (and apprarently German Klubb, but then the acceptance was later revoked), have been bred on purpose... like someone else here said, it is not genetically possible for a blue wei to crop up in a litter of greys if the parents are both grey. It then says that people have bred this colour on purpose even after the Weimaraner club of America banned the registering of this colour. There are quite a number of "working" weims that are bred and many are blue... they can argue that colour doesn't matter, and it doesn't... however it does not depart from the fact thta there are blues being bred because like in so many other breeds, it's rare and elusive...

The debate is strong, particularly in the US, about the acceptance of blue weims... i sit on the fence because after all, the LH weimaraner was in a similar position in Germany not that long ago either...

however it does not depart from the fact thta there are blues being bred because like in so many other breeds, it's rare and elusive...

Only rare and elusive if people are breeding for quality. If they are breeding specifically for blue, the pups will be neither rare or elusive. It doesn't take skill or good fortune to buy two blue dogs, put them in a pen together and pump out a litter of blue pups.

however it does not depart from the fact thta there are blues being bred because like in so many other breeds, it's rare and elusive...

Only rare and elusive if people are breeding for quality. If they are breeding specifically for blue, the pups will be neither rare or elusive. It doesn't take skill or good fortune to buy two blue dogs, put them in a pen together and pump out a litter of blue pups.

ok... the perception is that they are rare...