Hair Thinning With Age?

We have had our poodle x for 10 years now - she is 11.5-12 years old (rescued from the pound so not sure exactly how old she is).

I've been noticing that her coat was getting thinner, and today I noticed that the coat on her haunches is very thin and shows what I can only describe as a thinning/going bald spot.

Is this normal for poodle coats? She is a cross (probably) but very poodly - her coat is a poodle coat from what other owners/breeders have told me over the years. They often debate whether or not she may be 100% poodle but I don't think she is. Her nose is not long enough, and she had a big underbite. But who knows...?

We have had our poodle x for 10 years now - she is 11.5-12 years old (rescued from the pound so not sure exactly how old she is).

I've been noticing that her coat was getting thinner, and today I noticed that the coat on her haunches is very thin and shows what I can only describe as a thinning/going bald spot.

Is this normal for poodle coats? She is a cross (probably) but very poodly - her coat is a poodle coat from what other owners/breeders have told me over the years. They often debate whether or not she may be 100% poodle but I don't think she is. Her nose is not long enough, and she had a big underbite. But who knows...?

Low thyroid comes to mind. Any other symptoms? Weight gain, lethargy?

It can be quite normal in poodles, I have groomed a few that had nice thick coats as young dogs and they have thinned right out with old age. My 9 year old mini has thinned a lot and there is nothing wrong with her.

I would however advise anyone with a dog with this symptom to do bloods just to be sure.