Getting First Dslr

This is my first time using a DSLR and I am still learning everything, mainly had it on auto. :laugh:

Mr Maverick, wondering what that big black thing mum is pointing at him is..

IMG_0003.jpg

Huggable Hector

IMG_0005.jpg

Foster Kitten Dexter

IMG_0035.jpg

Another of Maverick

IMG_0025.jpg

Edited by MavericksMission

Have a look in the monthly challenges. Ash is an amazing photographer and she's been setting us challenges every month since Jan 09, all designed to help us understand the basics of photography and get the most out of our cameras. This month would be a good one for you to start on.

Congrats on the new camera, you will have a ball with it. Look forward to your Zoo shots. Your doggies are lovely!! How about some more of the Kittys too!! I bet after a while they begin to pose, or like mine some days they see me coming camera in hand and its like, "Oh no here we go again!!" :)

Congrats but I am sooooo jealous right now!!! OH won't cave in until it's my birthday!!!!! Only a couple more weeks of point and shoot to wait hehehe

Have fun with your new toy :love:

Ohhhh I am very excited!

Tomorrow I am going to putting a Canon 450D on layby, until payday next tuesday! :thumbsup:

They are on sale at JB, I am getting a twin lens kit with the 18-55is & 55-250is Lenses for $1142.

It will be my first DSLR :D

http://www.cameracentral.com.au/shop/produ...11c75ca71fb8258

Is this it?

I am also considering my first and wondering where to start. DO you need to be a Mensa to figure it out? I'm not technologically minded...

Ohhhh I am very excited!

Tomorrow I am going to putting a Canon 450D on layby, until payday next tuesday! :thumbsup:

They are on sale at JB, I am getting a twin lens kit with the 18-55is & 55-250is Lenses for $1142.

It will be my first DSLR :D

http://www.cameracentral.com.au/shop/produ...11c75ca71fb8258

Is this it?

I am also considering my first and wondering where to start. DO you need to be a Mensa to figure it out? I'm not technologically minded...

No, you can start out in full auto so it's basically a fancy point and shoot. Then as you get a bit more confident, and read the manual of course you will start to get out of auto and want to have more control over your photos. You will grow with it.

Yep that is the same kit, why not see if JB still have it on special, it's cheaper through them.

Edited by Kirislin