Can Someone Recommend A Groomer?

Longclaw

A woman at work is trying to find a groomer for her little poodle x puppy, Northside if at all possible. She says she has tried a few different places and they are all fully booked (not accepting new clients?). She can get a mobile groomer out to wash him, but I'm guessing he'll need to be clipped too and the mobile person only washes.

Any recommendations I can pass on?

A woman at work is trying to find a groomer for her little poodle x puppy, Northside if at all possible. She says she has tried a few different places and they are all fully booked (not accepting new clients?). She can get a mobile groomer out to wash him, but I'm guessing he'll need to be clipped too and the mobile person only washes.

Any recommendations I can pass on?

Hi Longclaw, I've taken my poodle x puppy to Dogworld at Hume - not exactly Northside! I was happy with them. I was able to stay and watch, which was very important to me, at least for the first time (and I only went that once, I'm doing it myself now). There seemed to be a nice atmosphere there, they were calm, gentle and quick, and there were a few dogs around out the back (they do doggy daycare) and they all seemed happy. If you want to stay and watch you need to tell them when you book.

I have heard that there is one at Kippax which is good, but no personal experience there. I've also heard about some not so good experiences, so I think if your friend can get a personal recommendation and/or stay and watch it would be a good idea :rofl:

I have used Laurie from Angel Paws (mobile service) she was fantastic and I highly recommend her BUT she comes that recommended that last time I spoke to her she had a 4-6 week wait.

http://www.angelpaws.com.au/site/index.php

A friend of mine used a place at Ainslie shops the other day and was happy and a few people at our local off leash area use a guy in Watson called Salon Pooch.

There is one in Kaleen that offers a mobile service that I DONT recommend. I was very unhappy with their service. My dogs looked terrible, they didnt even dry them off for me and assured me they knew how to do a poodle trim which was a lie as the way my dogs came back inside was not "poodley" at all - poor puppies I kept apologising to them.

Edited by shells

I've heard that Dog World was good, not northside I know. But my work mate got 2 dogs booked in quickly, and on a weekend which suited her better. Apparently even the fearful little puppy was no trouble to them. I've seen the dogs since and they look good. Some mobiles do clip but it seems they don't all clip well.