Need Some Advice

becandcharch

Soo.. I cant resist this deal! (Kirislins fault!)

I am about to purchase this - http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/...sp?idProduct=62

from DWI and im confused about the below. Hoping someone can advise? There are 3 drop down boxes with many options and I dont know which ones I need. Need to do this as cheaply as possible but without cutting corners that may cost me in the long run.

58mm UV FIlter - definately need but which one..?

58mm CPL Filter - do i need this?

Extended Warranty Lenses - whats the difference between Mac diamond 3 yrs and Mac 7 years...??

Thanks !!!

My fault!!!!! me!!!!!! no!!! :provoke:

I do know about their drop down boxes. if you dont want any of those things you must click no on each drop down box otherwise it will add them on. If you really do want the Canon, if it was me, I'd be tempted by the mack warranty at least, knowing how temperamental this damn lens can be. I have got a filter on mine, it's a Hoya, but that's up to you. Just remember, if you dont want them, click NO.

edit, I think the diamond covers more stuff.

I dont know much about filters, I took the salesmans advice when I got mine, it's a UV.

Edited by Kirislin

My fault!!!!! me!!!!!! no!!! :provoke:

I do know about their drop down boxes. if you dont want any of those things you must click no on each drop down box otherwise it will add them on. If you really do want the Canon, if it was me, I'd be tempted by the mack warranty at least, knowing how temperamental this damn lens can be. I have got a filter on mine, it's a Hoya, but that's up to you. Just remember, if you dont want them, click NO.

edit, I think the diamond covers more stuff.

I dont know much about filters, I took the salesmans advice when I got mine, it's a UV.

Its so cheap it would be rude not too!

Thanks for the advice :laugh:

ooooh! I have bought my 100mm 2.8 macro and speedlite flash from there with no hassles. Postage is a bum, about $40 but then again you save heaps on the lenses. I have never clicked yes to any of the options.

They do charge credit card surcharge, but see if you can get the 'save $10 on freight' coupon code to come up before you purchase so you basically get that credit card surcharge for free lol

and having bought a camera form there, they will put a lower value on there for customs, so you will not pay any duty on it. Personally, for the 1.4, I would say no to all of the things, never had any issues with mine but it is not that dear that I couldn't replace it if it went bung, but if it was a $2000 lens, I probably would

Thanks!!

I just went with the cheapest UV Filter and said no to the rest. Would rather have one in case I scratch it.

BT thats pop up came up but i'm so wary of them that I closed it! Oh well :provoke:

Cancel the order and re-do it. I'll come back :( (Trust me, I know!!) haha I closed it the first time too!! :laugh:

I dont know if you'll see much difference with the 1.4 compared to the 1.8. maybe not so much in the actual photo but more in the use, quicker AF and better build.

I have spoken to a few people who say there is quite a difference. We will see.... PLUS! I got some $$ to put towards it from Canon (EOS campaign) and a 580EX Speedlite :provoke:

I dont know if you'll see much difference with the 1.4 compared to the 1.8. maybe not so much in the actual photo but more in the use, quicker AF and better build.

I have spoken to a few people who say there is quite a difference. We will see.... PLUS! I got some $$ to put towards it from Canon (EOS campaign) and a 580EX Speedlite :provoke:

Oh! Oh! come on spit it all out, what did they pay for your masterpiece and have they spoken to you yet to work out about the actual ad. You need to update us all.

I have to go find out what a 580EX speedlite is now.

I have spoken to a few people who say there is quite a difference. We will see.... PLUS! I got some $$ to put towards it from Canon (EOS campaign) and a 580EX Speedlite :laugh:

Oh! Oh! come on spit it all out, what did they pay for your masterpiece and have they spoken to you yet to work out about the actual ad. You need to update us all.

I have to go find out what a 580EX speedlite is now.

:provoke: They gave me a couple of options and I chose the speedlite as it was next on my list of purchases.

They also gave me a little bit of cash which I put towards my 1.4.

I might just throw my 1.8 on ebay for 50 bucks as its only a few months old.

They havent called me yet but I have been told that the Ad will air on the 30th May. They are going to send it to me once finished so will post as soon as I can!

Im stoked! I wasnt expecting a lot so I'm happy!

that's so cool. I bet 2 years ago you never imagined a camera could enrich your life so much. Make sure you remind us about the ad, try to find out what channel and time. I wonder if you can get a copy. How do people put ads on youtube, you know how there's even really old ads there. Maybe you can put this one on for those who might miss it on tv.

that's so cool. I bet 2 years ago you never imagined a camera could enrich your life so much. Make sure you remind us about the ad, try to find out what channel and time. I wonder if you can get a copy. How do people put ads on youtube, you know how there's even really old ads there. Maybe you can put this one on for those who might miss it on tv.

Oh I am thrilled! They are going to email me a copy of the ad so ill post it for sure!!

Thanks for getting excited for me :provoke:

Soo.. I cant resist this deal! (Kirislins fault!)

I am about to purchase this - http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/...sp?idProduct=62

from DWI and im confused about the below. Hoping someone can advise? There are 3 drop down boxes with many options and I dont know which ones I need. Need to do this as cheaply as possible but without cutting corners that may cost me in the long run.

58mm UV FIlter - definately need but which one..?

58mm CPL Filter - do i need this?

Extended Warranty Lenses - whats the difference between Mac diamond 3 yrs and Mac 7 years...??

Thanks !!!

Thats right because of Kirislin I am saving for the 50mm 1.4. :provoke::laugh:

Thats a great price hope it hold for a couple of more weeks