Boarding Kennels Between Melbourne And Albury

Staycalm

Other options are turning out too expensive so can anyone recommend a great kennel somewhere on our route for our sweeties? Both are likely to not be too happy about it but I think we are at the stage where they might just have to get used to the occasional stay.

I only want them in overnight Sat to Sunday so do they normally allow Sun pickups?

Toolern Vale sounds great but we need it to be on the direct route. We may be doing this again and hope to not have to leave them longer than necessary due to their separation issues. I'd prefer something close to Albury as best possible scenario.

My MIL and her husband are moving to Nth Albury in May and do not have a yard to contain the dogs and are also worried about how their little pom will react to our bigger dogs if we come to stay. :nahnah:

This particular visit is to participate in her hubby's induction ceremony; he's a minister so it's a bit special.

We do usually like to visit every six months or so but usually do it over a weekend or long weekend if I'm not working.

I looked into dog friendly accommodation nearby but one night would cost us $185 :laugh:

I suggested hubby go up by himself (or with our daughter) but he doesn't want to do the drive by himself. :bottom:

So now I am looking into a one night stay at kennels. :love:

Thanks folks. I rang the Apple Tree Resort at Chiltern and booked them in. The dropoff and pickup time is convenient and they are on the route. If we are happy with them we can use them again.

Thanks to everyone :provoke:

That is very reassuring. I was trying to tell the lady on the phone that I knew they were only dogs but could I bring their toys...and a blanket..and could they share a kennel...? :o

I think this is the best solution all round. They will be happy to see us when we pick them up ;)

Don't worry, I'm one of those people who struggles to hold back tears when I drop the dogs into boarding - I'm sure they get it all the time from tough people like us! :o I was as bad as you, I took toys for the kids and asked that they share a kennel, and the staff were wonderful about it ;)

Thanks folks. I rang the Apple Tree Resort at Chiltern and booked them in. The dropoff and pickup time is convenient and they are on the route. If we are happy with them we can use them again.

Thanks to everyone :laugh:

We haven't used this one but have heard it being referred to as 'The Chiltern Hilton'