Fish&chip Shop Giving Away Gr Ftgh

greytdog

Was walking past the fish and chip shop in Wantirna South today, and the owner of the shop has a sign in his window, giving away his 8yr old Golden Retriever away free to good home. Made me feel pretty bad - poor boy, 8 years old and they're getting rid of him. Doesn't say why on the sign, just that he's a nice dog that likes to snooze.

I saw an ad on one of those free classified sites giving away their 8 year old female Irish setter, I was so tempted but we are at our limit now!!! Poor dogs.

Yes, it's awful. People try to give away their greyhounds all the time.

The GRCV is pretty big, I'd be surprised if they weren't interested in looking at the dog.

RESCUE/ ADOPTION SERVICE

Please note that this service is offered independent of the Golden Retriever Club of Victoria as we no longer provide an adoption program.

Carol Stafford

(03) 9876 1920

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

Sadly the GRCV don't have a rescue service any longer, they just tell people to take them to the RSPCA :nahnah: If someone can get me the phone number of the people giving him away I will contact them and offer support. You'll probably find he has been rehomed already, they don't hang around to long when they are free.

Guest Tess32

Not everyone 'knows' a 'free' dog is the wrong thing to do. Most people think it simply says they aren't trying to make a buck, just want a good home for the dog.

It's not really a rescue situation - people are allowed to rehome their dogs. Maybe the guy had a good reason and was searching for a nice home?

I saw an ad on one of those free classified sites giving away their 8 year old female Irish setter, I was so tempted but we are at our limit now!!! Poor dogs.

Yes, it's awful. People try to give away their greyhounds all the time.

Yes, I have a friend with a rescue greyhound. While waiting for their second dog to become available they got a emergency phone call asking if they would consider taking in an 11 (yes eleven ) year old bitch that was the product of a divorce. They said "Yes" of course. Poor ol' girl, you can see she was a very loved family member at some point. Lucky she has a secure home to see her years out now.