Temporary (or Removable) Fencing Solutions

FranVT

So I've been half-heartedly looking for somewhere for Luuka and I to live, I say half-heartedly because living with my mums is pretty cool, lots of space for both of us, and lots of the sharehouses have been dodgy.

So I had a really awesome chat with my dad tonight about moving in with him. He's such a great guy and we get along really well these days. He is also happy to let me just live my own little life and we don't get in each others face anymore at all. Plus we both like good food and wine :D And he loves dogs but knows he doesn't have time for one of his own when he lives alone.

So, he lives on an acre block in a suburban area but none of it is fenced. I want to look into fencing off a grassed area at the back of his place which is in the middle of the block (therefore far away from the road). If I had to estimate right now, I'd put it at about 30m x 20m, partly shaded, then we'd fence off a path that leads into the garage so Luuka can get in and out of the nice cool cement area and out to run around on the grass and play.

Has anyone got any temporary or at least semi-easy to remove fencing ideas? I could just do star pickets and chickenwire I suppose but other ideas would be really appreciated :)

How much do you want to spend? You can do Star pickets and fence panels for a more solid, more secure fence, the fence panels also would have a much longer life than the chicken wire, so if you move again you have good solid fencing to reinstall.

I'll go take a photo of mine, it was temporary now turning into permanant ;) , It was star pickets and dog mesh tied on with superstrong cable ties, now it's turning into a post and rail fence ever so slowly lol. Just been replacing the pickets with logs then stapleing the mesh on that.

You replied in OT Cockerlover, sorry I know it's silly to have doubled up posts but no one replied for awhile to my OT one so I assumed I'd postedin the wrong section!

My only thought is that those Bunnings compost things are like $25 a pack, that's a very very very expensive fence!

tempfence001.jpgtempfence007.jpg

tempfence009.jpgtempfence011.jpg

tempfence006.jpg

Ok so you can see how it started just with star pickets and dog mesh rolled out and cliped on with cable ties, this makes a great temp fence as you just cut th ties off remove the pickets and wire when you have finished ith it.

When we need to put up a temporary yard (or cat avery) my husband used weld mesh - cable tied them together and used tent pegs to secure them to the ground. Cost about $20 per panel. I suppose you could make it stronger by attaching it to starpickets

Will take some pictures of the cat avery tonight after work to illustrate the mesh used.