Litters Due June 2010

My guys had their first experience today.

I had to trim their tiny nails. one little guy moved his head towards my hand then opened

his mouth as if to bite me. :rofl:

When I give them cuddles I like to rub near their mouth and they open thier mouths and try to bite

me. :laugh::laugh::rofl:

BB

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are feeding a little premium mince once a day and Farex original baby formula mixed with a little pal puppy milk. Hopefully by next week they will be onto puppy biscuits which we will soak in hot water-we feed Nutro.

We have removed the whelping box from the puppy pen and laid down newspaper and a thick vet dry bed, together with a plastic dog bed which has a towel in it. They are enjoying the attention of the other dogs.

Mine get Dr B's BARF pattie. I just open a pack and put a bit in a puppy bowl for them and let them pick away. It is more balanced than just feeding raw meat as it has ground bone and other ingredients in like fruits, veg, egg, etc. The milk they get from mum.

Guess you all remember the song "What A Difference A Day Makes"?

The words are certainly appropriate for litters of puppies growing up, ours are hooning around the playpen this morning. :D

We have full on WAR at our house. Puppies are fighting, pulling ears, biting legs whatever they can get their teeth into. Mum wants out, we let her go. Hopeing for a nice day for some outside time to have a playtime so they can run and play and discover, little rat bags.

Let them out in the house this morning and they are finally now all asleep.

Edit to say that one puppy is eating kibble today. After all the trimmings to encourage them to eat it, she preferred it straight from the bag. :thumbsup::o

Edited by Cavalblaze

Just gone three weeks here and we already have the mandatory 'one yapper' who likes to make thier presence heard, plus the rough housing amongst them. Actually this is a beautiful age, when they want to play and try really hard to get amongst it but dont yet have the excellent balance. We have started the biting of ears and chasing tails. :thumbsup:

And mum, well she just walks away and looks at me is if to say "Well YOU wanted them" :o

But she's a wonderful mum and dong a great job for a maiden. We start solids this weekend.

Just gone three weeks here and we already have the mandatory 'one yapper' who likes to make thier presence heard, plus the rough housing amongst them. Actually this is a beautiful age, when they want to play and try really hard to get amongst it but dont yet have the excellent balance. We have started the biting of ears and chasing tails. :thumbsup:

And mum, well she just walks away and looks at me is if to say "Well YOU wanted them" :o

But she's a wonderful mum and dong a great job for a maiden. We start solids this weekend.

:D

Mine r 5 weeks saturday coming.. But god they r ruff with each other, pulling ears n biting each other..

Yes my bitch only goes in there to feed now she wont stay in there LOL must be there teeth thats turning her off

They have some toys in there too they been chewing.. Dakota does go in ther en has a play with them..

Edited by TeamSnag

Just gone three weeks here and we already have the mandatory 'one yapper' who likes to make thier presence heard, plus the rough housing amongst them. Actually this is a beautiful age, when they want to play and try really hard to get amongst it but dont yet have the excellent balance. We have started the biting of ears and chasing tails. :hug:

And mum, well she just walks away and looks at me is if to say "Well YOU wanted them" :(

:rofl:

Mine r 5 weeks saturday coming.. But god they r ruff with each other, pulling ears n biting each other..

Yes my bitch only goes in there to feed now she wont stay in there LOL must be there teeth thats turning her off

They have some toys in there too they been chewing.. Dakota does go in ther en has a play with them..

Yep by 5 weeks mum is usually over them. :)

make sure though that you have clipped thier nails otherwise the bitch will stop feeding if it hurts. Have seen that happen in other litters when I have gone to visit and the human says "she wont stay there and hates being with them" and when you pick up a pup they have long sharp nails. Look at the mum's teats and they are red and sore.

You probably already know that so sorry if I am teaching to suck oranges so to speak ;)

cavalblaze, am glad am not in your household :(

We are clipping nails every week a.t.m. NOT looking forward to worming on Saturday. :hug:

I put down some puppy food today which had been soaked in boiling water, mixed with some premium mince, the bis lapped up the mince as did the sable bitch, but not the sable dog, lazy boy he prefers Mum's milk. :rofl:

With previous litters I have taken Mum away from them at night at 5 weeks, will see how this litter goes. Bree sure could do with a night's sleep. During the day I let Bree out of the pen for a break for up to 2 hours, she then goes back in to feed them. All are very content.

Because I have had to go back to work this week, I put up the baby gates so that Kitty had the run of the kitchen and family room. I have security shutters on the back sliding door so left an opening so she could come & go out to the backyard to toilet and left the puppy pen ajar so that she could jump in & out of the box to feed & toilet the babies. Connor stays in a run during the day.

Have to work out something for next week as I will let them out of the whelping box over the weekend to have more room to play but I need for Kitty to be able to get into them as well. I might have a solution but will have to see over the weekend. Will start giving them some food early next week as their teeth are just starting to come thru but Kitty still has lots of milk too.

I feel like Im being left behind :) ... You guys are all so far ahead of me !!!

When Mr R comes home he is bringing those baby nail clippers, so Iwill be doing their nails tonight, AND, I am also worming them on Sunday, cos they are 2 weeks then...

Ochre is still doing a great job with them, they are doing everything they should be, stacking on the weight etc, etc...

Cant wait for their eyes to open, none look anywhere near that yet, though...