Litters Due June 2010

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl::cry::)

Temp was 36.3 this am, but I dont know if I really trust whats its telling me :( . Still ate her breaky, so not expecting anything to start today :rofl:

My girl ate breaky at 7.30am and delivered at 11am, however she did bring breakfast back up. Todays the day!

My girls eat right up until they start delivering....sometimes have a little spew from all the pushing but they dont refuse food :laugh:

Think your girl will start today RAJACADOO

goooooooooood luck!!!!!!

let us know when it starts as I'll be checking on here regularly if I can .

rajacadoo - are your eyes hanging out of your head from fatigue yet? When that happens, she will start whelping ;) Am sure all will be well when they start arriving.

Sorry Shelby, I meant to answer this earlier :o

No Im not that buggered yet !!! So Im guessing that if I do become that tired, then the bubbies will make an enterance :rofl: ;) GREAT :laugh:

Temp was 36.2 at 4pm... Im getting so :mad with what she is doing ;) ... I guess they will be here sometime in the next week wont they :mad:shrug::love:

No I am guessing they will be here sometime tonight. ;)

If her temp has been down under 36 for more than 8 hours then that is a definite set pattern of recordings. Put the :laugh: on we will be checking throughout the night. :shrug::rofl:

You probably already know all this info below but sometimes I go back and reread stuff just to put my mind in the right place. Of course you could read five different pieces of info and get five different points of view but I find this pretty average to my girls.

As for their food, well I have labradors - they have to be dead to knock back food :love:

Good luck we will be watching and waiting :mad

Anticipating Whelping The simplest and most reliable indicator of impending whelping is a drop in body temperature of almost 2 degrees within 24 hours of giving birth. This temperature decrease is only temporary so it is a good idea to check your dog’s temperature at least twice a day from the 58th day of the pregnancy. You can use a human thermometer from a pharmacy. Apply a small amount of lubrication prior to rectal insertion and leave it in place for one minute if it is a mercury thermometer, or, until it beeps if it is digital. Normal body temperature for dogs is between 37.5C and 39.0C.

Stage I: This usually lasts from 12-24 hours, during which time she may show changes in behaviour. She may become reclusive, restless and start 'nesting' (trying to make a bed for

the puppies). She may refuse to eat and sometimes vomit. Panting and trembling may occur.

In this phase the uterus (womb) is contracting and the cervix is dilating. Although you might see a clear and watery discharge from the vulva (around the back end of the bitch) no visible abdominal contractions are evident.

Ok..

Now Im shite scared ;)

Thanks mercedes, now the panic button has just been pushed :shrug::laugh::rofl: Im going off to make dinner now, Im sure she will be happy to help me eat it ;)

Will do temp again about 10.30pm, until then :mad and :mad for the hoomans ;)

BTW thanks for the reminder... You think you have it all clear in your mind, then as the panic sets in, you just cant remember a damn thing, can you ??? Where did you get that from, could you post a linky pweeease :o . Time to do some swatting :love:

Edited by rajacadoo

rajacadoo, she is going to have her litter very very soon :laugh: have no doubt you will be a Grandma by the morning :mad

Try not to panic, have a feeling you know ellz, so don't hesitate to contact in case you need some advice.

Hope you have put your vet on notice in case you need their services in the wee small hours?.

Here is another excellent site re whelping http://www.debbiejensen.com/

Will look forward to your news in the morning. :shrug: