Litters Due June 2010

I leave the heating pad in with them until they are ready to move into the "big pup" area. That is they are now too big for the whelping box. Usually about 4-5 weeks but the still have hot water bottle of a night time.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, sorry that I haven't been around much but have been having a few troubles here with the babies. Sadly the day after they were born, I had to make a dash to the vet with my bitch and babies. One of the little boys (4.3oz) was not doing very well. I sadly made the decision to let him go to rainbow bridge. Then Tuesday, one of the other boys decided to drop weight so off to a friend to show how to tube feed. Still not good so off to the vet and he is now on antibiotics. He has picked up really well and is gaining weight daily.

:laugh: Congrats to all the new pups and :eek: to those who have had losses.

In the photo, they are from left to right - girl, boy, boy, girl.

post-1064-1276843597_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shelby

Hi All, sorry that I haven't been around much but have been having a few troubles here with the babies. Sadly the day after they were born, I had to make a dash to the vet with my bitch and babies. One of the little boys (4.3oz) was not doing very well. I sadly made the decision to let him go to rainbow bridge. Then Tuesday, one of the other boys decided to drop weight so off to a friend to show how to tube feed. Still not good so off to the vet and he is now on antibiotics. He has picked up really well and is gaining weight daily.

:laugh: Congrats to all the new pups and :laugh: to those who have had losses.

In the photo, they are from left to right - girl, boy, boy, girl.

Sorry for your loss Shelby - RIP little one.

It seems to be in keeping with the rest of the litters born so far this month. Hope the rest of June has better luck.

TS, guess it depends on how cold it is, our weather has been crazy, one night 8C the next 16C. Have a heat lamp over the whelping box (rather than a hottie) which I leave on all the time and at night have the a/c set to 21C, with the box out of a draft. Ours are porkers but better to be safe than sorry.

Shelby, great to have you posting, sorry about your loss, :laugh: hopefully your wee boy will improve now that he is being tube fed and on antibiotics.

Mercedes, thanks for sharing :D

Don't know about anyone else but can't wait until the day arrives when they can go out into the garden, just love that time :o

Our other dogs, notably Grandma, Gt Grandma and Gt Gt Grandma will also be looking forward to the first venture, let alone Gt Uncle Panda who sits by the door of the grannyflat crying. Uncle Odin has simply no idea what to make of all of this. :laugh:

I use the heating pad from a water bed, think I paid about $75 three or four years ago. Covers half the whelping box so mum and pups can choose "on or off". Its fantastic.

And thanks SHelby - they are starting to take on now.

Edited by mercedes

Pups are 2 weeks old today and they got some wormer.. they didnt like it at all lol I have some photos

We also have eyes! Except the girl she has half of one open lol

Very lovely snap shots Team Snag. lol to the wormer reaction. :mad

We didn't have any trouble worming ours with Troy puppy syrup, actually they seemed to like it.

Can't beleive that I'm suppose to start weaning them next week. The larger pups i can see them taking a liking to solids as they are little hoovers but the tiny tots are rather delicate babies.

Noticed mine have started toileting on their own today, mum is still cleaning up which is a bonus for me. They also don't seem to be needing as much warmth as before, we have turned off the portable heater during the day and just left the main house one going to regulate the temp and the heat mat is always on. Ours is a 60cmx25cm pad, Vinyl covering and it's semi waterproof for those little accidents. I still turn portable heater on at night as it gets cold and we don't run the main heater at night time as it cooks us.

And look at those labs Mercedes, how cute are they! Yep i got a soft spot for labs we had a black one as kids. :shhh:

Sorry Shelby to hear that your little man joined the Rainbow Bridge. :)

Yeah iv got a heat mat on and also the room heater for them today.. Its such a horrible day here today so cold!!

Yeah they were not happy with the wormer at all!!

Happy weening thats when the fun starts lol!

I thought I would share with you all that our girl Jessica (Gr Ch Beadale Like A Hurrican)

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=17650

was mated to Radar (Beadale Man Of Action)

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=40036

Jess is certaintly looking pregant and has changed in personality.

Pups are due around 29th June 2010.

FAQ's::::

No we wont end up with parti coloured pups or pups with white or colored sections.

Not sure if we will have cream or gold pups as the gold is a recessive gene.

BB

I thought I would share with you all that our girl Jessica (Gr Ch Beadale Like A Hurrican)

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=17650

was mated to Radar (Beadale Man Of Action)

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=40036

Jess is certaintly looking pregant and has changed in personality.

Pups are due around 29th June 2010.

FAQ's::::

No we wont end up with parti coloured pups or pups with white or colored sections.

Not sure if we will have cream or gold pups as the gold is a recessive gene.

BB

We will await the 29 June with the smell of puppy breath in the air. :(

I've decided I'm not weaning for another week.

Keep looking at the tiny tots and thinking it's just too soon. They are all still very interested in mums milk supply and she is rather content still feeding them i will wait till they are 4 weeks before jumping into the weaning process. Might consider some puppy milk at the end of week 3 but hold off on the mince till they are a bit bigger.