Boston Terrier - Wait Lists And Availability

pug

Hello,

I have wanted a Boston Terrier for years and have been on several wait lists for quite some time.

Unfortunately, after a years wait, I was overseas when a puppy was offered to me and I was unable to take it.

I have now lost my place in the wait list.

I live in WA and am willing to travel if necessary.

If anyone could help just give me a realistic idea of how long I am likely to have to wait for a puppy it would be really appreciated.

I am willing to wait but I don't know if my wait could be another year or another 3-5 years.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have wanted a Boston Terrier for years and have been on several wait lists for quite some time.

Unfortunately, after a years wait, I was overseas when a puppy was offered to me and I was unable to take it.

I have now lost my place in the wait list.

I live in WA and am willing to travel if necessary.

If anyone could help just give me a realistic idea of how long I am likely to have to wait for a puppy it would be really appreciated.

I am willing to wait but I don't know if my wait could be another year or another 3-5 years.

Thanks in advance.

There's one for sale on the Dogz Online Puppy pages.

Edited by oakway

Hi,

To widen your search are you looking interstate as well?

If not then I would start looking at BT Clubs in other states, as well as Dogs (DogsSA, DogsNSW, DogsWA, DogsQLD, DogsVIC) in each state for breeder lists and don't forget Tasmania too. I have bought from interstate before but this time managed to get a pup from my own state.

I don't know about waiting times sorry. But if they are anything like Pugs and French Bulldogs, then usually someone somewhere in one of the states has a pregnant female or puppies available.

Good luck

BF

There will be a wait with not many litters being bred, but it is impossible to guess how long you would wait. If a breeder or club takes down your name on a waiting list, keep in regular email contact with them to let them know you are still interested and to ask whether planned litters are still going ahead. Don't hassle them for answers though, because they can't produce pups on demand and shouldn't be placed under any pressure. Join the Boston club if there is one in your state, and go along to their shows if you can.

Sometimes breeders will place pups with people who show more enthusiasm for the breed and willingness to communicate than with a virtual stranger that has left their name on a list a year ago. Pups may be born at a time that is inconvenient to you, so if you really want one, commit to making yourself available should you be offered a pup.

How badly do you want a Boston? Or would another breed work for you? Many breeds are more easily available than Bostons.