Coloured Show Trolleys?

Poo-Fong

Can any of you lovely DOLers tell me if there is anywhere in Oz that makes coloured show trolleys? I would reaaally like a purple one but it's been many years since my last trolley purchase and that was a plain aluminium one... just wondering if there is anything a bit more 'pretty' these days?

TIA :mad

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes PF - the Aziah crew will have purple sparkles :D I'd do a top coat of clear spray or something :mad I think I'll test it on an old pen panel first!

Good plan. You may have to coat the metal first with a prep coat to make the paint stick.

Yes PF - the Aziah crew will have purple sparkles :mad I'd do a top coat of clear spray or something :D I think I'll test it on an old pen panel first!

:mad - "Here comes Ever, the world's first purple-brindle pembroke"...... :D

oooh, purple sparkly Corgis - you could start a new trend! :mad

I think you'd definitely need to use some kind of a sealer, and a prep coat as PF said. Will wait with bated breath to see how it turns out! :D

oooh, purple sparkly Corgis - you could start a new trend! :D

I think you'd definitely need to use some kind of a sealer, and a prep coat as PF said. Will wait with bated breath to see how it turns out! ;)

:thumbsup: I want to know what you need a purple trolley for...... :cool:

If I wanted it done I'd probably get it professionally powder coated. Why don't you just get a fancy cover for the crate instead?

I wouldn't want my dogs dropping dead from licking spray paint off the frame.

I just spray painted an old C-crate trolley that I picked up for $10...its had seen better days but its looking good now! In hind sight I should have spray painted it a really cool colour but white was just an easy choice at the time and will do for now. So far no paint has come off, I used rust guard paint... not sure if that was the best idea or not but it worked!!!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

I just spray painted an old C-crate trolley that I picked up for $10...its had seen better days but its looking good now! In hind sight I should have spray painted it a really cool colour but white was just an easy choice at the time and will do for now. So far no paint has come off, I used rust guard paint... not sure if that was the best idea or not but it worked!!!

Good job SB! glad it's looking good now, and what a bargain @ $10!!!

Good job SB! glad it's looking good now, and what a bargain @ $10!!!

Yeah it was a great bargain, got it from a garage sale...narrowly missed out on a hydrobath that was in full working order and only sold for $200 kicking myself I didnt get that one!

I had to replace the bottom and the hinges and put new grip on top and on the bottom, I think all up it cost about $70 which is awesome considering how much they sell for second hand! :thumbsup:

Anyway its perfect for the pointer seeings she keeps distroying soft crates :D Bad pointee!

oooh, purple sparkly Corgis - you could start a new trend! :thumbsup:

I think you'd definitely need to use some kind of a sealer, and a prep coat as PF said. Will wait with bated breath to see how it turns out! :D

:) I want to know what you need a purple trolley for...... ;)

:) The answer to that, of course, is that purple is prettier than silver!! :thumbsup:

Don't you think Moose would look spesh in a purple trolley?? :D :cheer:

Edited by ♥♫PD888♫♥

Ive got a purple trolley !!! :) I got mine from C Crates... I love it. Bought it about 9 years ago, boy has it done some hard work. Just about ready for a touch up in the paint department I think. I would love to order another one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool!!! Do you have any pics KR? I take it yours was powdercoated before you picked it up? The only thing I'm potentially concerned about with the C Crates trolleys is the weight, but I'm a tough cookie :)