Question About A Dog I Saw

Bubitty

I need help identifying a dog breed I saw at the dog park. Its nagging at me that I don’t know what it was!

It looks “spitzy” but it was HUGE! Like GSD size, but possibly even a bit bigger.

It had a thick fluffy coat and like I said it looked “spitzy” with a lovely smile.

I didn’t get a chance to ask the owner what breed his dog was because we were leaving the park and I had just recalled Bitty away from the poor man.

Any ideas what breed this dog could be? At first i thought it might be a lappie but after googling lappies it looks way to large to be a lappie.

I dont think it was PF. It was very fluffy.

To be honest it looked like a giant sized lappie. I was so sure it was one until I realised lappies were not huge!

Heee I am googling your suggestions now!

It could have been a wooly (long coated) Malamute

A big coat can make a dog look much larger then it actually is.

Google search wooly alaskan malamutes (I tried to get a pic up but the work computer isn't playing the game)

Edited by Wolfsong

From what everyone is saying it is probably a Malamute then! It was a glorious dog! So calm and smiley!!!! Sooo smiley!!!!!

I saw one at a dog show last weekend Bub and I was surpised how BIG it was! Beautiful but BIG :laugh: Much bigger than I have seen before.

Heheeh supermic I must admit I was very awed by how gorgeous she/he was! Plus it was great for my puppy to meet this calm giant dog that was completely chilled and non threatening.

What are they like to live with? Active? Are they cuddly or aloof?