Body Corporate Problem

Dane-o

My mother wanted to buy a shitzu terrier cross, and asked her Body Corporate if dogs were ok. They said yes it was ok.

Now 4months later, she has just received a letter saying owning a dog is breaking Body Corporate rules and she has 7days to get rid of the dog!!

She has a cranky old neighbour who pretty much hates everything, and has complained that dogs arent allowed.

Its going to be a very messy situation, as there is no way that my mother is going to move or get rid of the dog after she had been given the ok.

Has anyone else had anything similar? Or has any helpful suggestions?

Thanks,

Dane-o

My mother wanted to buy a shitzu terrier cross, and asked her Body Corporate if dogs were ok. They said yes it was ok.

Now 4months later, she has just received a letter saying owning a dog is breaking Body Corporate rules and she has 7days to get rid of the dog!!

She has a cranky old neighbour who pretty much hates everything, and has complained that dogs arent allowed.

Its going to be a very messy situation, as there is no way that my mother is going to move or get rid of the dog after she had been given the ok.

Has anyone else had anything similar? Or has any helpful suggestions?

Thanks,

Dane-o

I hope she requested and got the OK for the dog in writing!

What state is your Mum in?

She didnt get the ok in writing, but she has a letter from the Body Corp stating that they originally OK'd it.

But it also says they were unaware of the rules and that incorrect advise was given.

The whole situation is a joke. :laugh:

What state is your mother in? I think she might need some legal advice from someone with Strata title experience. Take the letter that advises that she was given initial permission from the BC - regardless of their backtracking jargon after that, I think she may have a decent case to put forward. It's a bit rough to allow the animal for 4 months and then reneg on an agreement that they admit she had with them BEFORE getting the dog...

T.

Sorry, I forgot to say that she is in melbourne.

Its complete BS that they have changed their mind. A dog isnt something that you can just get rid of.

Surely if they messed it up from the start, then its too bad.

She did the right thing and asked if it was ok. Otherwise she wouldnt have bought the little guy.

Thanks for the advice re Strata Title info

We're determined to win this