Boarding Kennel In Melbourne

Pomi

Hi everyone,

My OH and I are leaving the country for 4 weeks and wanted to know if anyone is able to recommend us a good kennel in Melbourne. At this stage we would like it to be in the Western Suburbs but really, we're willing to travel anywhere in Victoria for a good kennel that treats dogs well and keeps them safe while we're gone.

This is the first time we'll be leaving our dog at a kennel and we're not afraid to pay a bit more and travel further knowing that he will be happy, safe and is being treated right.

Please recommend us a dog kennel.

Thanks!!!

Edited by Pomi

I have only travelled once since we migrated here. And I placed my precious twerp at Mornington Lodge. He was happy, I was happy and I had a good trip without worries. I also arranged for him to be picked up and dropped off.

I know the ins and outs of most of the kennels in the eastern and south eastern region, but my advice is to go and have a look at the kennels before booking and remember it's not just the accommodation your looking at it's the staff. I've seen 5 star kennels with poor staff and I have seen 3 star kennels with excellent staff and out of the two kennels I would choose the 3 star. So make a day of it and inspect a lot of kennels. :laugh:

I agree with animalia - go and visit some kennels first, there are quite a few in the north/south western side of Melbourne. What someone here recommends may not suit your expectations or your dogs needs. Best to go and see for yourself so you are happy to leave your dog at any kennel.

I'm also going away for 4 weeks soon and I'm going to board one of mine in a boarding kennel in Werribee next week for a trial period, so we'll see how she goes there.

Hi Pomi,

You are welcome to try our kennel :laugh:

Welllington Park Petcare & Training in Lysterfield.

It might be a bit of a drive. But we pride ourselves on providing your pet

with the greatest care and attention, regular exercise, and catering to every

individual pets need as requested.

We are open for inspection between 1-3pm weekdays & Saturday

and 3-5pm on Sunday's. No appoinment is required for inspections.

We are only open on Sunday's between 3-5pm.

Weekdays and Saturdays we are open from 8am-5pm, and from 7am on Monday's.

Cheers,

Sarah

Hi Pomi,

My husband and I went overseas for 6 weeks, leaving our 2 fur-kids at Wellington Park Kennels, Lysterfield.

I too live in the western suburbs but it only took an hour to drive out to Wellington Park (providing you don't go in peak hour!).

Sharna, Wendy and all the staff are extremely friendly, knowledgable, and treat their guests as if they were their own. We received regular email updates on how our puppies were behaving, what they were getting up to, and how they were progressing with their training (we opted for the 'board and train' to keep them stimulated and active,,, but that is up to you if you want to take this option).

My girl developed a bit of a runny nose and they were very quick to contact me for my approval to take her to the vet (thankfully it was only a sniffle!).

When we picked them up we were debriefed, received some great notes and brochures, a pouch of food, and what to expect within the next couple of days as they adjust to being back home with mum and dad.

We also got a few phone call follow-ups over the next couple of weeks just to see how they were going. Fantastic!

Pick this kennel and you can relax and enjoy your holiday. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Kepala Pet Resort in Diggers Rest. Fantastic staff, faciities and service. The only place I know who takes any dogs who may be old and not feeling to well into their own homes as well as stay with the dogs around the kennels during a thunderstorm overnight :)