huga

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to hear it went well. :thumbsup:

If she is anything like the last one I had done, Lulu, she will just about jump off the table and find the first bowl of food she can to gobble. Lulu wasn't being held back by surgery, illness or anything! :laugh:

We're home :D

She is quite chillaxed, but I've heard Methadone will do that :)

The vet said he doesn't know how she got through this long without having her soft palate trimmed, he said he took off about 12mm and her throat is like a funnel. They had to use a size 5 tube in her throat because nothing else would get down there :cool:

Anyway, he was quite fond of little Lols. He said he spent a bit of time after hours lastnight doing paperwork with a pug on his lap ;) He was very impressed with how relaxed she was and how she wasn't bothered by any of the other dogs getting around. I knew she'd be ok overnight, she's quite used to being crated and isn't all that attached to me :provoke: Anyone will do.

He also checked out her nostils while she was sleeping lastnight and doesn't think they need widening. So hopefully she will be much more comfortable soon.

Edited by huga

We're home :D

She is quite chillaxed, but I've heard Methadone will do that :provoke:

The vet said he doesn't know how she got through this long without having her soft palate trimmed, he said he took off about 12mm and her throat is like a funnel. They had to use a size 5 tube in her throat because nothing else would get down there ;)

Anyway, he was quite fond of little Lols. He said he spent a bit of time after hours lastnight doing paperwork with a pug on his lap :D He was very impressed with how relaxed she was and how she wasn't bothered by any of the other dogs getting around. I knew she'd be ok overnight, she's quite used to being crated and isn't all that attached to me :cool: Anyone will do.

He also checked out her nostils while she was sleeping lastnight and doesn't think they need widening. So hopefully she will be much more comfortable soon.

Goat was rather chilled when she got desexed she took quite a while to come out of it :D

Glad to hear it all went well. :)

We're home :)

She is quite chillaxed, but I've heard Methadone will do that :laugh:

The vet said he doesn't know how she got through this long without having her soft palate trimmed, he said he took off about 12mm and her throat is like a funnel. They had to use a size 5 tube in her throat because nothing else would get down there :rofl:

Anyway, he was quite fond of little Lols. He said he spent a bit of time after hours lastnight doing paperwork with a pug on his lap :) He was very impressed with how relaxed she was and how she wasn't bothered by any of the other dogs getting around. I knew she'd be ok overnight, she's quite used to being crated and isn't all that attached to me :laugh: Anyone will do.

Wow, that was a lot! :) Glad to hear she is through it and going well.

Olivia's palate was the same. The Vets, and I, were amazed at how much needed resecting. They even took a pic for me to show me. As you can see in the pic, it is astounding she was getting any air at all. I imagine that Lola's probably looked very similar.

post-3413-1271283713_thumb.jpg

Edited by ~Anne~

Cool pic :laugh:

I wish I could've seen it, it sounded so interesting when he described it to me.

She was doing some pretty intense snoring lastnight, it sounded a bit like the noise that you get when you slurp the last bit of a drink through a straw.

Glad to hear that Lola has come through with flying colours :confused: .

Amazing photo of Olivia.

Don't you just love it when vets are just so interested and excited by what they are doing? Makes you feel you and your pets are in very good hands.

Yes, I must admit my Vets are way cool. They know that I am interested and they know I can understand *some* of it, so they show me lots of things and go out of their way to appease my curiosity about all manner of things related to animals. I was once their Vet nurse many, many, many moons ago so they know that I have some background interest as well.

Honestly, you wouldn't even know she'd had the surgery. She is totally back to normal. She has a little sneeze every now and then, which the vet said might happen, as they have irritated everything and the stitches might tickle. She was snoring pretty loudly again lastnight too, but she is so much bouncier than she was pre-surgery. She is definitely back to her happy little self :thumbsup:

Edited by huga

Honestly, you wouldn't even know she'd had the surgery. She is totally back to normal. She has a little sneeze every now and then, which the vet said might happen, as they have irritated everything and the stitches might tickle. She was snoring pretty loudly again lastnight too, but she is so much bouncier than she was pre-surgery. She is definitely back to her happy little self :D

I guess being able to breathe makes a puppy pug quite happy :thumbsup: ;)

I just thought I'd give everyone a little update. Lola is fantastic, back to her usual self - actually, better than her usual self. She is happy and bouncy and even trying to play with Harry (which she never does). So it was most definitely a success!

She has that cheeky look back in her eyes:

4547198790_658cee5275.jpg

And she's out exploring instead of snoozing the day away:

4546563779_735236641a.jpg