Nose And Groin Stitches

PuggaWuggles

Hi all,

I have booked Wuggles in to get his groin stitches(from desexing)and his nostril stitches(from widening nostrils)taken out this weekend.I couldnt speak to the vet on the phone this morning,so i was just wondering how they do this?does it hurt the dog?is anesthetic used?is there anything special i have to do,like no breakfast or anything like that?is it a major thing?or do they just pull/cut the stitches out and send us on our way?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have booked Wuggles in to get his groin stitches(from desexing)and his nostril stitches(from widening nostrils)taken out this weekend.I couldnt speak to the vet on the phone this morning,so i was just wondering how they do this?does it hurt the dog?is anesthetic used?is there anything special i have to do,like no breakfast or anything like that?is it a major thing?or do they just pull/cut the stitches out and send us on our way?

Thanks

Dead simple. Not a whole lot more complicated than unpicking stitches from fabric.

When Timmy had his desex stitch (yes single stitch, his manliness was *that* tiny :() it didn't bother him at all, they just quickly nicked it and out it came.

Having had stitches removed myself as well, from fingertip, so lots of nerves I can vouch it didn't hurt me.

Nostrils ... not sure, but sure it'd be ok.

doesn't hurt at all. I've pulled my own stitches out of me - didn't hurt. Used to always pull my husbands stitches out, and the dogs' stitches. Simple as so long as it is done on time. If left too long, skin can grow over the suture, and will need to be cut away.

Easy peasy. Our vet recommends we take them out, unless they are somewhere inaccessible. Never lost a patient yet. LOL. It is a round trip of 120km to vet. Only one I really baulked at was the old horse who had her eye removed and that was because I needed someone to hold her head. Mr R was less than useless, he turned green everytime he looked at it.

We had to take our family dog's stitches out after she was speyed (isolated town, vet only visited once a month) and it didn't bother her, they just slipped out with no resistance at all.