*sniff* Does Anyone Own A Pentax?

Rappie

I'm feeling all alone :laugh: :laugh:

I browse a lot of forums and blogs (DOL, horse, craft, photography, computer) and (mass generalisation coming) EVERYONE has a Canon. Or a Nikon.

*Sniff*.

I'll just sit here in the corner and hug my little trusty istD and my 35mm macro and wear the bright red Pentax neck strap with pride. :laugh:

Anyone out there?? (*waits for the echoes*)

*strokes her canon*

My precious...

Canon is what all the cool kids are using nowadays. :laugh:

:eek:

Guess that's my problem then isn't it. My idea of a good time is sitting a home watching Star Trek, drinking a cup of nanny tea (Earl Grey) and eating bickies. Hey, Captain Picard drinks Earl Grey, he's cool, right? :laugh:

Persephone.....my point & shoot is a (very old) Pentax too :eek: The istD was born in 2003 :laugh:

Those in "the know" use Pentax (K200 DSLR)

Hells yeah. We're awesome (OH has a K200D). :laugh:

Edited by Rappie

Guess that's my problem then isn't it. My idea of a good time is sitting a home watching Star Trek, drinking a cup of nanny tea (Earl Grey) and eating bickies. Hey, Captain Picard drinks Earl Grey, he's cool, right? :laugh:

Pfft - the cool kids all like captain kirk again.... :laugh:

Pfft - the cool kids all like captain kirk again.... :laugh:

Damn. Fine, I'm a nerd and Data is my hero.

Let's clarify what you mean by "cool" kids, cos if you mean GenY, I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE :laugh: Gives me some kind of excuse for my nanna crochet and knitting with an uncool camera.

Oh gosh, I know the feeling! All of my friends have Canon or Nikon, but a photog friend recommended we get our Pentax as beginners... We have the K100D Super. Always laugh at the "Super" - still not sure what is the super bit? Could read my manual, hey... :(

Guest belgian.blue

Pentax user here .. K1OOD

Really wanted a Canon but couldn't afford the extra few hundred $$$ but I love my Pentax!!

Rappie I'm mainly a Nikon girl, but no prejudices, I've had most camera brands over the years (including a Hassalblad, all hail).

I have a good Pentax SLR and often think of getting a DSLR body so that I can use the lens. Pentax lenses are lovely, and many of the oldies can still be used on the DSLRs (unlike many older Nikon/Canon SLR lenses) so they hold their value well and are fairly sought after.

I goofed big-time at the weekend, picked up a Nikon SLR lens and put it on a DSLR body: wouldn't auto-focus, and the shutter jammed a couple of times. Luckily had another body/lens packed in the bag and didn't lose much work, but could have been a better day. And a corner of my mind was thinking, bummer, wouldn't have been a problem with a Pentax.

I have a good Pentax SLR and often think of getting a DSLR body so that I can use the lens. Pentax lenses are lovely, and many of the oldies can still be used on the DSLRs (unlike many older Nikon/Canon SLR lenses) so they hold their value well and are fairly sought after.

We have a lot of lenses, including older ones that OH has picked up on Ebay. The 77mm prime is :laugh:

Well I won't comment on your taste in cameras, but will say you have excellent taste in "viewing". We are watching the whole 7 series, bit by bite - currently half way thorugh season 6 :laugh:

Not sure what we'll do when it's all gone :rofl:

And it's "Tea, Earl Grey, hot".

You can use the old canon EOS lenses on the new bodies... :(

And I must admit Rappie - I'm a Data fan too. I cried in nemesis. :( I'm a bigger Riker/Troi fan though. I'm a nerd. :party:

Let's clarify what you mean by "cool" kids, cos if you mean GenY, I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE :D Gives me some kind of excuse for my nanna crochet and knitting with an uncool camera.

I love my Nanna-craft too!

Look at the crochet blanket I just finished - shot on our CANON! :p

4467643613_93f42a6b23.jpg