Tough Rope Toys

Another tip, if your dog loves playing tug with tyres & also throwing them around & chewing them, don't buy the ones from pet shops they don't last. Go to Bunnings & buy a wheelbarrow tyre, that's the only thing Kenny hasn't been able to chew to pieces. They are also cheaper than the toy ones pet shops sell. :)

I agree with Sandra777, natural rope is the best for dogs, but if you want something different I would recommend Aussie Dog Toys, I have purchased several over the years and although they are really expensive, none of my GSD have managed to destroy them.

http://www.aussiedog.com.au/

I like the Aussie Dog toys and for some reason the Turbo Chook has been very popular :) but they are not indestructable chew toys. One of my boys had chewed through the Home Alone toy within minutes of getting hold of it (nylon!!) and the Turbo Chook is well chewed up now.

Another tip, if your dog loves playing tug with tyres & also throwing them around & chewing them, don't buy the ones from pet shops they don't last. Go to Bunnings & buy a wheelbarrow tyre, that's the only thing Kenny hasn't been able to chew to pieces. They are also cheaper than the toy ones pet shops sell. :laugh:

I have a motorbike tyre for my staffords. They love it and it is still going after 1 year. I also make my own tug toys, really simple, cheap and they last for ages.

This rope was bought from a pet shop and has had a pretty hard life - is over 2 yrs old now and has lasted well. Not the best pic of it being used but most of them are blurred being flicked around.

020.cropped.jpg

This rope was bought from a pet shop and has had a pretty hard life - is over 2 yrs old now and has lasted well. Not the best pic of it being used but most of them are blurred being flicked around.

020.cropped.jpg

I saw one like that at City Farmers :laugh:

CHeck out Tuffies. I have had my Mega Ring for about 5yrs. Its lasted through 2 Rotties, a Lab and several big breed foster dogs. Sometimes they bury it, then did it up months later. They are washable, if you do that sort of thing. NOt cheap but they are when you compare their life expectancy.

Another DOL'er sell them from her website. http://www.dogtoys.com.au/