Dogs And Pacemakers

RallyValley

Over the easer weekend my 86 year old nonno is staying with us. He has a pacemaker and is the only person that my dogs go so mental over! Even if he leaves the room for a minute and go back they will go mad barking at him when he walks in. We have heard that pacemakers have a high frequency noise that can set dogs off, is this true?

Also because the dogs are going mad at him he likes to yell and lunge at them, needless to say that probably doesn't help, Toby once expressed his anal glands when my nonno yelled at him!

maybe the batteries are low ? may be trying to let you know something, I have a friend with a PM and my dogs havent reacted, but I shall ask herif she has this experience.

:(

Over the easer weekend my 86 year old nonno is staying with us. He has a pacemaker and is the only person that my dogs go so mental over! Even if he leaves the room for a minute and go back they will go mad barking at him when he walks in. We have heard that pacemakers have a high frequency noise that can set dogs off, is this true?

Also because the dogs are going mad at him he likes to yell and lunge at them, needless to say that probably doesn't help, Toby once expressed his anal glands when my nonno yelled at him!

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

Its every time he is here though, not just this weekend. So it's probably just that he is scary :( , nothing to do with his pacemaker.

Maybe they just dont like him :) My friends lab is as happy as but there is one lady at our club that the dog cannot handle she barks at her all the time and her fur goes up on her back.

Its every time he is here though, not just this weekend. So it's probably just that he is scary :cry: , nothing to do with his pacemaker.

Sometimes it can be an unfamiliar smell that sets them off. :( Not saying he smells just that he may be a smoker in a non smoking household or that he eats a particular food that is picked up in his scent that the dogs aren't comfortable with. Might be as you say that because he tries to intimidate them that they are unsure of him and are reacting accordingly. Why not encourage a truse by getting him to give them a special treat each time he visits so that they look forward to his visit.