Animal Chiropractor

. I've had Chiropractic since I was a 12 y.o. and it should never be painful, if it is painful afterwards then it should be corrected by the practitioner asap.

;) because this relates to me rather than dog, but I too have had a fair amount of chiropractic assistance over the years. The very first time I went to a chiro for neck issues. He 'cracked' my neck when I didn't expect it and whilst I was 'cold' and tense. It brought tears to my eyes, but I was scoffed at for my response. For a period of at least a week, whenever I held my head/neck in a certain position (upright, as you would when driving), I lost control of it and my head/neck would flop to one side. It was pretty scary (especially for driving control). I didn't go near chiropractors for years afterwards but was then persuaded to see the guy that I now go to and he has helped me a lot. I won't go to anyone else other than him.

. I've had Chiropractic since I was a 12 y.o. and it should never be painful, if it is painful afterwards then it should be corrected by the practitioner asap.

:laugh: because this relates to me rather than dog, but I too have had a fair amount of chiropractic assistance over the years. The very first time I went to a chiro for neck issues. He 'cracked' my neck when I didn't expect it and whilst I was 'cold' and tense. It brought tears to my eyes, but I was scoffed at for my response. For a period of at least a week, whenever I held my head/neck in a certain position (upright, as you would when driving), I lost control of it and my head/neck would flop to one side. It was pretty scary (especially for driving control). I didn't go near chiropractors for years afterwards but was then persuaded to see the guy that I now go to and he has helped me a lot. I won't go to anyone else other than him.

I agree Erny that would be very scary! Sounds dangerous too. :laugh: Unfortunately there are unethical Chiros out there...not good.

I had the manual neck adjustment for about 10 years and that never happened, although I don't like the feel of it and my Chiro now uses the 'activator' on my neck as she feels it's a lot more gentle, just as effective and is concerned about manual adjustments for me since I have migraines. :rofl: