Sd Card Help

Rozzie

are there any exisitng amages on the card?

do you have a card reader?

if you do, can you download to pc from the card via the reader?

thinking that if you can "read" the card via a reader - ie get the images onto a pc, then would have to asume the card is ok?

Try taking the camera battery out, and putting it back in - don't ask why, just try it!

the card is good. Have also tried a brand new card. Same message. Battery out/ battery in... no go.

Oh dear - can you check your manual to see if that particular error is listed? I really have no ideas.

The only time I had that error I took the battery out and put it back in and it was ok.

just googled and found this ......

FIXED MY "CARD LOCKED" problem, where the camera said that the card was locked when the switch for the SD card was set to unlocked. This "card locked" message was displayed for more than one card for me, so I knew it had to do with the camera itself. This rendered my camera useless since I could not take any pictures, no matter what SD card I used.

SOLUTION:

The solution to my problem had to do with the card locked sensor mechanism in the SD card slot. For my camera (Canon SD600), it has a spring sensor (on the left wall of the SD Slot) that detects the whether the SD card lever is set to locked or unlocked. If the SD Card is set to locked, the position of the SD Card lever presses against the sensor mechanism and pushes it in, and when the SD card is set to unlocked, the mechanism is allowed to stick out.

The problem with my camera was that the sensor spring somehow got pushed in further than it was supposed to and a piece of the sensor was stuck in one of the groves in the SD card slot. To fix this, I took a small paper clip, unbent one of the sides and bent the tip of it to make a mini hook, and carefully prodded what I thought was the sensor. The sensor mechanism had a bit of bounce to it (which confirmed my guess that it was the part that was pushed in when the sd card is set to locked), so I proceeded to "hook" the furthest part of the sensor and gently pulled it out until it "sprung" out of the little grove that it was stuck under. After that I put in my SD card in and it worked like new!!