Hi-visibility Dog Collars

Elfin

I made them myself once with a reflector band what joggers wear around their arm at night. It has those led lights in them to and I attached it with velcro to the normal dogs nylon collor.

Mendota Duraflect collar

http://www.mendotaproducts.com/duraflect_durasoft.html (bottom of the page)

<LI>3M Scotchlite� reflective material for reflectivity in low-light conditions sonically welded to bright orange, poly-coated nylon webbing for high visibility during daylight hours. <LI>Extremely durable, poly-coated nylon webbing resists chewing, fading, moisture and odor absorption. <LI>Cuts and holes are heat sealed to prevent peeling and cracking.

Available in the following sizes:

16� long x 1� wide collar fits 13-19� neck sizes 22� long x 1� wide collar fits 19-25� neck sizes <LI>

Thank you all for your suggestions.

What I am after is wide (I mean 3-4 inches wide) and they look like they are made of fabric similar to seat-belts, but bright orange, so visibility is high during the day. The reflective strips on the edges is just a bonus. Hunters overseas use them to spot their dogs in heavily wooded areas.

I have three dark grey dogs that just "disappear" into the background sometimes (eg. in dense bushland). They do not necessarily need strong buckles, as they will have other collars to clip their leads to.

Sorry... I am being picky... :)