Labradors And Agility

If I wanted a lab for agility I would see if I could get hold of a "failed" Customs dog. They are adopted out to families from time to time and are lean labs bred for an active working life. The only thing to watch is that the breeding program aims for a pretty full on working temperament, but on the other hand, sometimes the ones that flunk flunk because they don't have that.

Customs sourced their foundation stock from one of Australia's top field line kennels. :shrug:

Would you be able to tell me which kennel that was?

Kadnook. There were probably others too. I seem to recall they may have imported some American dogs.

Edited by poodlefan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have Trixie - she'll be 400, you just have to try and teach her to look where she's going so she doesn't keep running into the uprights. :eek:

Trixie 400 :confused: . I thought she was only little. Banjo's 17 inches by my measurement, what would he have to jump?

The cut off between 300 and 400 is 365mm at withers so Banjo would be 400 :eek:

Trixie was always going to be 400 really because the standard size for a MT bitch is 380mm and I'm pretty sure she's over that by about 2cm judging by how tall she is next to Kyzer (who is 340mm)

I'm starting to think you guys don't want me training my own dog :thumbsup:

Feel free to train mine anytime, I am not doing agility this year because I know I wont remember all the work :thumbsup: He is taller than Ruby though so he would probably have to jump higher :thumbsup: