What A Nightmare

kelpiekaye

Well Ive desexed the family, Aussie, Ruby and Horse the cat. Aussie and Horse are a piece of cake but Ruby is going to be the death of me. After one day of recuperation she thinks shes ready to take on the world. Im sure Im going to end up back at the vet with problems. Short of crating her 24/7 and keeping her on a lead constantly, I cant keep her quiet. There are flies to snatch out of the air etc etc. Love to hear of others experiences with over active patients..... :laugh:

Best of luck. I cant imagine having 3 done at once. Mokha it was no big deal, he is pretty placid around the house. Molly was a completely different experience. We picked her up from the shelter vet, she did not know me, she was completely untrained so trying to potty on lead was not easy. It was a 2 1/2 hour trip home, she was car sick and wondering what on earth was going on. On about day 5 we introduced her to Mokha through a baby gate just in case and have never looked back. I hope they all recover well with no problems, thank goodness you only have to do it once for each pet.

We are different here ,our guys just do what they do everyday,they play,run & do there normal stuff,when it starts to get a tad over the top then there brought in door shut.

We dont go out of our way to crate or the likes & fined keeping things normal has worked very well for us & never ever had to use a bucket or get stitches re done or had an infection

Zee spent a fair bit of time in her puppy pen by herself (her and Darcy wrestled nearly constantly at that stage). She had quite a few bones and a stuffed kong to chew on and I kept her separate from Darcy for 4 days unless under strict supervision. I also walked her on lead twice a day from about day 2 just to keep her relatively sane - she was better doing that then doing something silly from being cooped up for 4 days.

Day before I went back to work (which I think was day 5?) I let them back at it within reason so it wasn't a big issue for her to go back outside with my older dog. Zee was fine thankfully but she certainly learnt to lay down and "show me your belly" very quickly as I was checking her so often. :)

Thats funny :) (sorry but memories there!) Way back in the past before I knew much about crating and such like I had my Kelpie (also called Ruby) desexed when she was around 8 months old. The vet told me to keep her quiet. I laughed at him and said you try keeping a Kelpie quiet!!! We managed but she was a very busy Kelpie and didn't take to being indoors most of the day and I think we just went back to normal by around day 4 or 5. We had both had had enough!!!!! :)

Well Ive desexed the family, Aussie, Ruby and Horse the cat. Aussie and Horse are a piece of cake but Ruby is going to be the death of me. After one day of recuperation she thinks shes ready to take on the world. Im sure Im going to end up back at the vet with problems. Short of crating her 24/7 and keeping her on a lead constantly, I cant keep her quiet. There are flies to snatch out of the air etc etc. Love to hear of others experiences with over active patients..... :rofl:

Thats funny :) (sorry but memories there!) Way back in the past before I knew much about crating and such like I had my Kelpie (also called Ruby) desexed when she was around 8 months old. The vet told me to keep her quiet. I laughed at him and said you try keeping a Kelpie quiet!!! We managed but she was a very busy Kelpie and didn't take to being indoors most of the day and I think we just went back to normal by around day 4 or 5. We had both had had enough!!!!! :)
Well Ive desexed the family, Aussie, Ruby and Horse the cat. Aussie and Horse are a piece of cake but Ruby is going to be the death of me. After one day of recuperation she thinks shes ready to take on the world. Im sure Im going to end up back at the vet with problems. Short of crating her 24/7 and keeping her on a lead constantly, I cant keep her quiet. There are flies to snatch out of the air etc etc. Love to hear of others experiences with over active patients..... :rofl:

Thats funny :) (sorry but memories there!) Way back in the past before I knew much about crating and such like I had my Kelpie (also called Ruby) desexed when she was around 8 months old. The vet told me to keep her quiet. I laughed at him and said you try keeping a Kelpie quiet!!! We managed but she was a very busy Kelpie and didn't take to being indoors most of the day and I think we just went back to normal by around day 4 or 5. We had both had had enough!!!!! :rofl:

I think you know exactly what I mean, thank god. My Ruby is a Red Kelpie. Her normal day is coming with me to get the cows at 4.30am and we dont stop till about 6pm, 6 days a week, and at the end of the day when Im having a beer shes runnning like a mad thing, chasing Aussie, flies, rabbits. So this trying to be quiet is a bit of a joke. But I will keep trying for a few days anyhow :)

We are different here ,our guys just do what they do everyday,they play,run & do there normal stuff,when it starts to get a tad over the top then there brought in door shut.

We dont go out of our way to crate or the likes & fined keeping things normal has worked very well for us & never ever had to use a bucket or get stitches re done or had an infection

+1

Thats reassuring, Thanks