Just Need An Opinion

stef_83

when i was about 10 i had a pet dog he was mine not the whole familes and the picture i cant stop thinking about was when he was hit by a car i remember watching from the window as my mum and 2 strangers loaded his lifeless body on to there ute to take him to bury i supose, i just remember the pain and heartache i felt and still get teary eyed when thinking bout it, this all started round same time my partner and i started having problems.

so my question is why in ur opinion is this image stuck in my head now while im going thru these other problem?

It was another time of loss and heartache. It happened at a time when you were young and impressionable and because you say "take him to bury i supose", I am assuming you never actually found out what happened. So this is an instance of unresolved grief.

no i never found out i asked heaps but my mum just told me these things happen and loved ones leave withot a reason.

she had just seperated from my dad.

guess scotty was my best friend at that time and he left without a reason............ and now i feel like im losing my best friend again

I agree with MM maybe the emotions you are feeling now are similar (in a way) to the emotions you felt then... And that triggers the memories....

I would add to the feelings of loss and heartache... perhaps... abandonment... I know it might seem unnecessary but maybe having a chat with a counselor might help :D It certainly couldn't hurt

I'm sorry your going through a tough time Stef...

Chin Up! :rofl:

x o x o

Okami

I agree with MM maybe the emotions you are feeling now are similar (in a way) to the emotions you felt then... And that triggers the memories....

I would add to the feelings of loss and heartache... perhaps... abandonment... I know it might seem unnecessary but maybe having a chat with a counselor might help :D It certainly couldn't hurt

I'm sorry your going through a tough time Stef...

Chin Up! :rofl:

x o x o

Okami

I agree with Mother Moocher and Okami. I think you need someone to talk to. Someone to have a good cry with too.

Maybe your mother could give you a few answers now.

Hopefully your partner will go to counselling with you. You need to be clear why this relationship is in trouble and you need to have a say in what happens and to be able to have some control in your life.