Cleaning The Clipper Blade

I just take mine off the clipper and brush the hair out of the blade and then out of the clipper part where the blade goes. I get mine sharpened regularly so they have a good clean then.

I use a toothbrush to remove the worst of it and then blade wash.

How do you use the blade wash? Do you just soak it in entirely? For how long. Do you have to re oil after the blade wash.

Where can i get my blades resharpened in Sydney?

If there is too much hair on the blades it will just turn into a soggy mess, brush the blades off and dip whilst running.

Wipe off excess then oil.

Nicestman on here send him a pm, does an excellent job of sharpening and repairs.

Edited by Crisovar

I use Oster Blade Wash after each grooming session. I pour a small amount into a bowl, put each blade I have used on the clipper, turn the clipper on and then swish the blade around in the wash. You will be amazed how much hair and dirt comes off. Then I remove the blade from the clipper and dry it off on a paper towel. Next I put the blade back on the clipper, turn it on and put a couple of drops (that's all you need, a little goes a long way) of clipper oil on the blade. Finally I remove the blade and place it in an individual plastic bag (bank bags are excellent for this purpose). The next time I use the clipper I give each blade a wipe with a paper towel before I use it.

Nothing blunts a blade quicker than dirt, so making sure your blades are kept clean and oiled and only clipping clean dogs is very important. I also have all my blades and scissors regularly sharpened.

I've been told that blade wash can damage blades (and more importantly, it's expensive! :D)... I've got flu so can't remember exactly what was said tho. I use metho, then leave to air dry and oil the blades with Singer sewing oil (it's only $2-something at Woolworths). Toothbrush to remove excess hair, and I also slide the blade bit out because I'm a bit anal about it.

Baby Dragon - I'd probably get them done once a year just to keep them fresh. Most places will only charge you about $5-$10 per blade, so it's not a very expensive exercise.

I've been told that blade wash can damage blades (and more importantly, it's expensive! :mad)...

Baby Dragon - I'd probably get them done once a year just to keep them fresh. Most places will only charge you about $5-$10 per blade, so it's not a very expensive exercise.

really? so does that mean no blade wash. :eek:

So its okay to dip the blade into the liquid and turn the clipper on? would i get electrocuted? :mad

I've been told that blade wash can damage blades (and more importantly, it's expensive! :rofl:)...

really? so does that mean no blade wash. :thumbsup:

So its okay to dip the blade into the liquid and turn the clipper on? would i get electrocuted? :p

giraffez I have been using blade wash for years and all my blades are in excellent condition, my 15 blade is 25 years old and still cutting well. Why would Oster have a product on the market to clean and lubricate blades if it damages them? I don't agree that it's expensive either, I pay $14 for mine and it lasts for ages.

Yes it's fine to dip the blade into the liquid and no you won't get electrocuted LOL. You just put the blade in not the body of the clipper and there are no electrical components anywhere near the blade. There are clear instructions on the container, just follow them, it's easy :mad

I've been told that blade wash can damage blades (and more importantly, it's expensive! :rofl:)...

really? so does that mean no blade wash. :thumbsup:

So its okay to dip the blade into the liquid and turn the clipper on? would i get electrocuted? :rofl:

giraffez I have been using blade wash for years and all my blades are in excellent condition, my 15 blade is 25 years old and still cutting well. Why would Oster have a product on the market to clean and lubricate blades if it damages them? I don't agree that it's expensive either, I pay $14 for mine and it lasts for ages.

Yes it's fine to dip the blade into the liquid and no you won't get electrocuted LOL. You just put the blade in not the body of the clipper and there are no electrical components anywhere near the blade. There are clear instructions on the container, just follow them, it's easy :rofl:

Ok thanks, i'll order them online