Fleas Fleas Fleas

Beaglelover:)

We have never had a flea problem until we moved into our new home.

The next door neighbour is driving us crazy!! She has allowed her cats to multiply like the plague and now she has 8 Cats and 2 dogs :):(.Where ever I turn there is a new cat I have not seen. They spend most of their dam time in our yard and there are kittens everywhere!

To make matters worse I think one is pregnant! HELLO... HAVE YOU HEARD OF DESEXING LOVE!!! Anyway that is a different topic, but it is getting really out of hand. I have already complained to the landlord and he is writing a second warning letter.

So with all these animals living next to us, or should I say on top of us...we have a massive flea problem! I grabbed one of the cats to see the extent of the fleas and the cat was covered! Her animals are pretty much backyard mutts and do not go inside the home or out into the world, she clearly does not care about the fleas!!

So I did a little experiment and I went outside into our yard with white socks on to convince myself I was overreacting! WELL... it only took a couple of seconds until my white socks where COVERED in those little bloodsucking demons! By then I had steam coming out of my ears! I took my socks off and stormed back into the house only to see my poor Lab puffing after scratching himself silly.

Both dogs have just had their first dose of Comfortis, however this product only kills the fleas once they have bitten, and I think my Lab is having a allergic reaction to the flea bite. He has relive for about 2 hours, but he toilets outside in the backyard where the fleas are riot!

Should I get the landlord to pay for professional spraying of both our backyard and theirs? I cant see this problem going away without professional help :rofl: :D What can we do about all the dam cats, can we force them to desex? Is there another flea product that kills fleas without having to bite?

Any help would be great

theres a spray u can get you add water to and you can spray it round ur garden ur house bedding everything and is non toxic we had heaps of fleas wen we got or dog thanks to the dogs next door and its worked wonders u spray it on sand grass pavers bricks carpets EVERYTHING and it kills them and stops them from breeding.

ill ask my dad the name and let you kinow if you like

I would definatley contact the council or the RSPCA about the cat over population, if the cats have that many fleas they must be very uncomfortable and that is unfair for them.

The council would also probably like to know if all her cats are registered, and it costs more to register an un-desexed pet so that might urge the next door neighbours to desex their cats.

I know how irritating fleas are and they are horrible to get rid of, i hope that your situation improves soon and your next door neighbours pick up their act!

Goodluck :cry:

Edited by Alfie02

theres a spray u can get you add water to and you can spray it round ur garden ur house bedding everything and is non toxic we had heaps of fleas wen we got or dog thanks to the dogs next door and its worked wonders u spray it on sand grass pavers bricks carpets EVERYTHING and it kills them and stops them from breeding.

Oh that would be great help if you could find the product name :cry:

Oh that would be great help if you could find the product name :cry:

there called K-O-Tabs

Years ago I rented a house in Sydney and the lady before us had heaps of cats inside, even though the place was supposedly fumigated before we moved in it was covered in fleas. We had one dog at the time and asked the landlord to fumigate it again, they did and offered to pay our accommodation for one night (we didn't use it, we stayed with family).

I would ask the landlord to speak to your neighbour about the cats coming onto your property. Then if that fails call the rangers.