Letter Template For Rspca's Anti Pedigree Campaign

BJean

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANKC has actually written a response to the statements made by RSPCA

I found it on the Dogs SA website before I sent my letter off.

http://www.dogssa.com.au/documents/Response_to_RSPCA.pdf

I think it's quite well composed

But it doesn't hurt if we keep voicing our disgust at the RSPCAs comments

The ANKC letter from the Health and Welfare Committee to the RSCPA, does not address the issues of the RSPCA FAQ Document.

Although it attempts to ameliorate the gulf of understanding between the RSPCA's perception of ANKC's breeder members,

it fails to require that the RSPCA revoke their FAQ document. If the ANKC can assert in private letter to the RSCPA, why their claims on pedigree dogs are wrong, then the ANKC can stand up louder and prouder so the general public can see.

Nor does the ANKC letter explain to their members, why their Representative Body

deems it acceptable, that the RSPCA produce a publication denigrating ANKC members' practises and dogs -

a publication that the ANKC acknowledges is without scientific evidence and based on no more than biased conjecture and skewed supposition.

An observation:

The ANKC website has no public information page about why so many RSPCA dogs are not suitable for rehoming due to temperament (57%) and health (37%) defects. (data suplied by RSPCA 2006 Annual Report).

Of course we all agree it would be inappropriate for the ANKC to brandish another organisation's dogs or attempt to skew public perception of them in this manner.

So why is it okay for the RSPCA?

Edited by lilli

I'm lucky if I can get an acknowledgement of letters these days. I'm still waiting on my letter one for letters that I sent months ago regarding LIDA and McGreevy.

I won't hold my breath on this one :eek:

Have sent you a PM :laugh: