Mock Trials

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone could help me. I am wondering what mock obedience trials are held in Brissy, and where and when? I've heard there are some in Logan and Oxley on the Southside, does anyone know if any are held on the Northside?

Ta!

Edited by huski

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone could help me. I am wondering what mock obedience trials are held in Brissy, and where and when? I've heard there are some in Logan and Oxley on the Southside, does anyone know if any are held on the Northside?

Ta!

Are you talking about the judges training? I've been to one at Oxley, but it was quite a while ago now. Maybe if you give the CCC Qld (or whatever they call themselves now) a call they might be able to help you :rolleyes:

Edited by gsdog2

Hey guys

Ta!

Are you talking about the judges training? I've been to one at Oxley, but it was quite a while ago now. Maybe if you give the CCC Qld (or whatever they call themselves now) a call they might be able to help you :rolleyes:

Apparently trainee judges are the ones who do them? I am just keen to do some proper run outs with Daisy in a trial like situation.

Hey guys

Ta!

Apparently trainee judges are the ones who do them? I am just keen to do some proper run outs with Daisy in a trial like situation.

The one I did was the same as a trial, but there were three judges outside the ring and they were "judging" the trainee judge. It was good practice and as far as you and your dog are concerned it's the same as a "normal" trial.

Edited by gsdog2

Huski - come to the next club meeting and put a request in that the club run a 'mock trial'. Get some idea of the numbers of people that would be interested (and their level) and put forward your case.

Edited by BeagleBoys2

Huski - come to the next club meeting and put a request in that the club run a 'mock trial'. Get some idea of the numbers of people that would be interested (and their level) and put forward your case.

Thanks Shelley! Do you know what the date of the next club meeting is?

The one I did was the same as a trial, but there were three judges outside the ring and they were "judging" the trainee judge. It was good practice and as far as you and your dog are concerned it's the same as a "normal" trial.

Thanks GSD, that's exactly what I'm after :rofl:

Thanks GSD, that's exactly what I'm after :rofl:

Keep you eyes peeled for dates in the dog world, they usually have a box somewhere with upcoming dates for judges training if you wanted to go along. I think they usually run them on Sunday evenings at Oxley.

Thanks Seita!

This is a really daft question, but is there always a mock trial at judges training? :laugh:

Yep, cos the Judges are learning to be judges so they need a trial to learn on. And other judges stand outside the ring and judge you as well so you could well end up with 4 or 5 different scores!

Yep, cos the Judges are learning to be judges so they need a trial to learn on. And other judges stand outside the ring and judge you as well so you could well end up with 4 or 5 different scores!

Suddenly this is starting to sound even more nerve wracking than a proper trial :laugh:

Have you started judges training yet Nic?? I recall you were keen!

Edited by huski

Not yet, I'll be enrolling in the program this year and I think the intake is around August/September so I don't think anyone will have the pleasure of being judged by me until next year most likely.

I just saw in the Feb dog world (I didn't recieve the March one for some reason) at the front in the notices section there was a list of proposed judges training dates at a variety of clubs. The next one is around 24th April by the looks of it.